Buick motorsports tach

Well FYI, I purchased 3 used monster tachs off of ebay just to play with to see how easy it could be done. I paid $105 including shipping. Getting the large silver ring off that holds the lens on wasn't too bad. I couldnt get the tach "guts" to come out to work on the first one, the second one, I broke the flourescent orange needle.... done! On to the third gauge, I removed the 2 small screws, cut a slit to the center of the overlay that would be hidden behind the tach lightbulb and reset button and it worked. I am in the process of squeezing the silver ring back on. When I pryed it off, I used 3 1" paint scrapers so I wouldnt have too many pry marks on it. There are maybe 5 or 6 marks on the silver ring, it came off after prying about 3/4 of the way around. Going back on isnt a problem, just crimping it back and making it look untouched is my issue. Once I get it on and smooth the ring out, may paint the ring a satin black to match the tach housing. If there was an easier way I would like to have known it. I may still have pics of the mistakes that I had made playing with them. I knew that I was glad that I didnt try this on a $300 tach.

Thanks for the heads up yeah there to expensive to mess up trying to get them to fit with out braking them

Just for fun you can get the overlay and find a cheap monster tach on ebay or craigslist and go for it.