Buick Raceday/T&T - Mason Co. Raceway, Havanna Il.

zam70

->ROGUE
1/8th mile track
I am trying to get this event worked out.
Whether it happens or not is UP TO US.
I have things hammered out with the Race Track, Now I need to work out finances. Date will be announced as soon as interest is verified.
This is a (personal) Non - profit event. All payout/money races are to be worked out in the pits on race day.
My main goal is to give the Buick guys a FULL day of racing to test, tweak and tune their cars.

If this goes well, an actual racing event can & will be schedualed.
My idea at the moment is to have pre-registration.

SPONSORS WELCOME, booth area available to all sponsors.
Please, if you want to participate or help out in any way (we will need a few bodies) please let me know!

Post here, that way I can keep track of it all in one nice little package.

I hope we can get this worked out!
Thanks
Scott

Where exactly is that place and what is the actual name?

Make it a Friday night or Saturday and I'll go. Do they tech strict?

It is 30 minutes North of Springfield, Il

It is called "Mason County Raceway"

Here's a link to their site.
http://www.masoncountyraceway.com/

Um no, tech is not strict...especially on our day. Basically, we will be renting the track for our own personal use. Anypayouts will not be done through the track (this time...future will depend on turn out)
It is not a fancy, slick new track. The pit area is mostly grass area or sand (very park like). It is an "old school" track. It is also one of the fastest 1/8th mile tracks in the US.

If we can arrange it soon, it will be on a Saturday...later in the season, it will be on Sunday.

Please let people know...I really want to do this but I need a definate count on participation.

Me and my Nephew will be interested. Email me directly if you start hashing out the details. postal@mchsi.com

Jason

Just curious why the 1/8 mile? is it a cheaper track to rent? I bet Cordova would be the cheapest quarter mile track to rent but would have no clue on the amount of $$'s it would take.