Buick Service Manual for EVERYONE!!

T-top87GN

The Buick Manual CD Guy
Well, I said earlier that I had an announcement and here it is.

I've spent alot of time so far and have this project almost completely done. I have taken my buddy Scott Simpson's service manual and scanned it all in to PDF format. Basically, when I'm done you will be able to have the entire manual, including the Power Master recall, all on CD.

I should have everything done within the next week. Right now I'm running the scanned pages through a filter to make them all text searchable.

During this process I noticed that running this filter on the PDF's caused one of the Buick logos to get cut out. It's there in the original, but not after running the filter. So what I am planning on doing is including the original PDF scans, along with the text searchable ones incase a certain picture you want to look at has been altered by the filter.

The CD will have a HTML based intro to let you easily skip to whichever section of the manual you want to see.

I will offer this CD up for sale. Not to make any money myself. But enough to cover my cost of CD's, packaging, shipping, etc...

I will also put the ISO image up on my website just to prove I am not trying to make any cash off of it. So, if you are computer savvy enough, you can get the whole thing for free!

Lemme see who is interested so I can decide if I'm gonna go thru the rest of the trouble to get this thing done.

Dan Jer, you didnt ask. I have all 12" of the 87 GM manuals. Body, powertrain, everything!

Prolly haveta put it on DVD tho :-P

Originally posted by TurboJim
Dan Jer, you didnt ask. I have all 12" of the 87 GM manuals. Body, powertrain, everything!
Shirley you jest! ;)

I had the original 2-volume set (they are about 3" deep each) with body, powertrain, electrical, emissions, yadda, yadda, yadda. But the beauty of what I gave to Jer is that I had copied only the pages relevant to the turbo regals (i.e. there no non-LC2 motorstuff, no anti-lock brake info, etc.) As such, I was able to carry everything in a single 3.5" 3-ring binder.

I spent a LOT of time going through every page of those manuals years ago. Now Jeremy has spent a LOT of time scanning and linking the pages electronically.

This is more cool, than cool itself! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've got a copy of UNGN's parts manual.

The service manual would be GREAT!!!
I'd buy it.........

The biggest PITA with the manuals is all the other G-body stuff that doesn't pertain to our beloved Turbo Buicks. They're not exactly handy....I have a set in the garage, but rarely use it.

John

Thanks for all the interest guys!

I've got some fine tuning and "prettying up" so-to-speak before I will make this available. But I definitely see it being available beore the end of the week!

So keep your eyes open!

:D

I will purchase one of the CD's.

Scott231, I know what you mean about all of the other non-related information in the factory manual. I have been trying to consolidate my manual, but spending too much time at work to pay for this hobby and other things.

Thank you Bandit and Scott231 for this joint effort.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

I'm IN. Start a sticky in the For Sale section when it is available. Are you set up to take Paypal? It would make it a LOT easier. Thanks.

Thanks for all of the support guys. Yes I am setup for PayPal. The only thing I'm gonna do with the ISO is throttle the bandwidth. I want to make sure I can still browse the web when you guys hammer my website!! (I host it at my house)

I should have everything together by the end of the week.

I'll be sure to let everyone know the specifics when I get them.

Hang on guys! It'll be done soon!