Buick Speech

Jonasterg

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm writing my final speech for my SpeechCommunications class, and I decided to write about cars, specifically Buicks. The speech will encompass as much information as I can fit, from the beginning of Buick's days until the present. It will include target markets, racing information, advances, etc. The speech needs to be 10 minutes long, so it will be roughly 3 pages, single spaced. If anyone has any info to throw my way, either production statistics, buyer ages, milestones in the company's history, whatever, I'd really appreciate it.

Awesome, that's the type of info I'm looking for. Anyone else that has anything to add, I'll be here all night writing. Thanks.

I've got about 1/4th of it done so far... it's gonna be a looooooong night. (Damn you procrastination, damn you.) When I finish writing it, I'll post it up in its rough form if you'd like. Tomorrow after I have it critiqued and edited, I'll post the final version, which should flow better and make a lot more sense than whatever I'm writing right now. Keep the info and links coming, they'll help me a ton.

Getting close to finished with my speech... does anyone know some technological advances Buick made in the muscle car era? I've talked about advances made in both styling and technology, but I'm a little skimpy in this area of info.

Of course I could be way wrong here but if I am not badly mistaken they helped perfect the automatic transmission with the old "Dyna-flow" transmissions and were one of the first to start using turbo-chargers on cars with the old early sixties 215cid V-8's.

Yeah, you're right. The Dyna-flow transmission was put into the '48 Roadmaster, and it was the first automatic transmission. I wrote about Buick's turbocharger use too, both in production cars and in their Indy program. I'm looking for something more along the lines of an advancement in their big-block, or something that competed with the Hemi engine. I mentioned muscle cars in my introduction, so I should have a blurb about some muscle car advances, other than the fact that the GN and GNX were referred to by some as "the last muscle cars" (or something along those lines).

Also, does anyone know what years the GS was offered? And what years the GSX and Stage 1 were made. Thanks.

The speech is a little long to post on the board... but I guess if anyone wants to check it out, just send me an email or PM and I can send it out. Thanks for your help with the links and whatnot. :)