Buicks forsale at Barrett Jackson

really? i watched it yesterday waiting for one to come up...lets see what everyone thinks its gunna bring...i call the gnx bringing 90k

i never saw the gnx go yesterday..how much did it go for
$120,000 and after commision payments $134,000!! Looks like the prices for our cars seems to be coming around! I like seeing the $27,000 & $41,000 price tags on low mile GN's!! Maybe here the prices can start to go up from it's rediculous state that they are in now!!

SW.

I sold a 9300 mile 87 for 23,000 summer before last :redface:

I know the feeling
letdown.gif

Okay here's the Barrett Jackson list:

1). 1987 GN hardtop w/ 12,000 miles SOLD for $37,400

2). 1987 GN T-Top w/ No Miles listed SOLD for $45,100

3). 1987 GNX #387 w/ 5,518 miles SOLD for $132,000

Don't expect the market to change around here because everyone here refuses to pay market value! I'm judging this based on the remarks of others in the cars for sale threads right here on this board. NONE of those cars would have sold here for those prices and i'm sure some would have badgered them in there threads for asking that..

What our cars bring somewhere else is more realistic of the market than as on here and NOT just saying Barrett Jackson either! Here you have old die hard buick owners that just won't budge of what THEY THINK a cars worth is, based on what THEY would pay and that has been voiced out so often that it has eventually hurt the resale of cars here.

I have seen cars go for A LOT more on car lots and people selling them privately that what the same would go for here... :frown:

Just my .02
SW.

I was at the auction on thrusday, seen both of the gn's, both were very nice looking cars. I did not see the gnx in the staging area. there also was perfect 89 turbo ta.

the tta only went for around 30, forget the exact number but it was 30 or low 30s, 2k or 3k miles i think?
kinda suprised it didn't bring more..

the tta only went for around 30, forget the exact number but it was 30 or low 30s, 2k or 3k miles i think?
kinda suprised it didn't bring more..

I'm not. Even though the TTAs are rare unofortunately I think they will always be looked at as the red headed bastard child because you have a Buick motor in a Pontiac. The serious Buick collectors that are strictly Buick won't touch them because it's not a Buick body and the serious Pontiac collectors won't because it's not a Pontiac motor.

Okay here's the Barrett Jackson list:

1). 1987 GN hardtop w/ 12,000 miles SOLD for $37,400

2). 1987 GN T-Top w/ No Miles listed SOLD for $45,100

3). 1987 GNX #387 w/ 5,518 miles SOLD for $132,000

Don't expect the market to change around here because everyone here refuses to pay market value! I'm judging this based on the remarks of others in the cars for sale threads right here on this board. NONE of those cars would have sold here for those prices and i'm sure some would have badgered them in there threads for asking that..

What our cars bring somewhere else is more realistic of the market than as on here and NOT just saying Barrett Jackson either! Here you have old die hard buick owners that just won't budge of what THEY THINK a cars worth is, based on what THEY would pay and that has been voiced out so often that it has eventually hurt the resale of cars here.

I have seen cars go for A LOT more on car lots and people selling them privately that what the same would go for here... :frown:

Just my .02
SW.

well said Scott....

after seeing both of them in person. i would not give you anywhere near that for either one. they were both very nice cars, but not that price nice. cars sparkle alot more on tv than they do in person.