Build sheet for TT/A's ?

Haven't torn the TTA apart to look for a piece of paper. But on some other F-bodies of the same general vintage I've found them either behind the plastic or under the carpet in the cargo area. I also recall coming across a separate one for the electrical/instrumentation under the dash pad.

Haven't torn the TTA apart to look for a piece of paper. But on some other F-bodies of the same general vintage I've found them either behind the plastic or under the carpet in the cargo area. I also recall coming across a separate one for the electrical/instrumentation under the dash pad.

I haven't pieced out my 10,508 mile car yet BUT on other f bodys I found them behind the seat backs and in the rear cargo behind the plastic panels :cool:

Behind spare tires or under th carpet on the hatch. Where it starts sloping upward. Atleast that is where mine was at.

Jason

Build sheet

Hey Twin,
If you are going to try and locate the sheet yourself please keep the following in mind:

If the carpet does not lift up easy..
If the screw is not coming out easy..
if the clip is not unsnapping easy..
if the hatch does not open with ease.

DO NOT USE FORCE! Do not get angered and muscle it! With that low mileage TTA, Anything should come apart easily.

haha lol. :D :D :D

Only kidding. And don't blast me back either! otherwise I'll have to have the board rolling with stories!!

Now your going to make me have to go look for mine.

Just a thought to other members. I thought I remember seeing a post that most of our TTA's did not have built sheets because they were removed by PAS while they were doing modifications to the cars? Is there any truth to that?

My understaning is that there were a set of build sheets for each car, one for the front end, one for interior, one for the rear etc (not sure if this is correct but one build sheet for certain "groups" or part of each car. I've seen copies of different ones for the TTA. Would be cool if we could piece all the different ones together for a complete set of build sheets for a TTA ...

Anyway, I found mine under the passanger rear seat carpet ... unfortunatly the carpet been wet at some point and only about 2/3 of the build sheet is there ... I also found the left corner of another build sheet that was stuck with black tape on the hump just above the fuel tank, so underneath the carpet again.

Not sure how many different build sheets were used for each car, anyone ?

My understaning is that there were a set of build sheets for each car, one for the front end, one for interior, one for the rear etc (not sure if this is correct but one build sheet for certain "groups" or part of each car. I've seen copies of different ones for the TTA. Would be cool if we could piece all the different ones together for a complete set of build sheets for a TTA ...

Anyway, I found mine under the passanger rear seat carpet ... unfortunatly the carpet been wet at some point and only about 2/3 of the build sheet is there ... I also found the left corner of another build sheet that was stuck with black tape on the hump just above the fuel tank, so underneath the carpet again.

Not sure how many different build sheets were used for each car, anyone ?
correct there's a build sheet for each build section on the line. Like when I worked for H1 you had your body shop buildsheet that told you what model to was designating the body pieces, then your interior build sheet that told you what options on the interior, then your engine build sheet, and a few others. I only worked in body shop so that's all I saw but I know 4 places in the TTAs was in the innerfenderwell up front by the battery, under the front passenger carpet, under the carpet at the top of the hatch, and in the spare tire compartment. I found one under the passenger area but like Jan it was attacked by coolant so I only got about 1/2 of it. Maybe this summer I'll tear it apart and get the one in the rear.

Hey Twin,
If you are going to try and locate the sheet yourself please keep the following in mind:

If the carpet does not lift up easy..
If the screw is not coming out easy..
if the clip is not unsnapping easy..
if the hatch does not open with ease.

DO NOT USE FORCE! Do not get angered and muscle it! With that low mileage TTA, Anything should come apart easily.

haha lol. :D :D :D

Only kidding. And don't blast me back either! otherwise I'll have to have the board rolling with stories!!

Now your going to make me have to go look for mine.

Just a thought to other members. I thought I remember seeing a post that most of our TTA's did not have built sheets because they were removed by PAS while they were doing modifications to the cars? Is there any truth to that?

Are you saying " I'm not gentle and patient " when I work on something :D

hmmm. well, Gentle and patient is not two words I would use. :D

but it sure is fun watching when something does not comes apart easy.

Mine was under rear carco compartment - center. Plopped onto an area with some carpet glue (the brown cement stuff). Heated it up and got 90% off intact and had to "reallign" it in a frame. Took photos of it in the car. Mind you I had taken the whole interior out first....looking there....

hmmm. well, Gentle and patient is not two words I would use. :D

but it sure is fun watching when something does not comes apart easy.

Maybe I'll wait for your next visit and just watch :biggrin:

You will need to change that signature soon..........:cool:

The only one I found without ripping apart the interior of mine was in the spare tire well.

Could we all post scans of our build sheets and the location they were found in the car. That way we could get a good overall picture of all the build sheets used for the TTA's

I will find the scan of mine and post a link to it as a start

Old thread but I've been looking into this for some time to try to get a reproduction done of each of the build sheets used on the assembly line for our cars. So far I know of 4 different ones and I have reproduced 1 of them as that is the only one I have a proper high resolution scan of.

Anyway if you are on turbotransam.com you might have seen it already (TTA Build Sheets - Turbo Trans Am Forum) as I posted photos of 3 different ones I have and I will scan the 4th one I have (only one I've seen but unfortunately this one got wet under the carpet at some point and you can't read it all but could be the engine/drivetrain build sheet).

Also posted a near to final PDF of the build sheet I reproduced but as I mentioned for the others I would need some good high resolution scans so I can read all the fine print on them and use for positioning properly.

If any of you can help would be great. When done I will be posting the final editable PDF versions for everyone to use and update with their VIN and other details (hardtop/ttop/cloth/leather) ...

If you can help let me know and in return I will do a costume PDF for you of each build sheet I have with your VIN and correct details!!!!

Post here or drop me a line jlarsson@london.com ....

Here is # 1416 - T-top/leather.

HTH

scan.jpg

HTH

Brilliant, many thanks for that one. Should be able to get that one done as well now.

Remind me and I will get you a PDF copy of all of them (when done) with your VIN etc on it. Will be staright forward as mine's a t-top/leather as well.

So that's the CNSL and V33 ones there's at least two more so if anyone got any of the others and can scan them to the same quality as the one above would be great as this way we will all have access to as many of the original build sheets as possible.

Thanks again!

HTH

scan.jpg

Frank did yours come originaly wiht the tape cassete holder in the center console compartement? Reson for asking is that in the left hand section you got a K where it says "GLOVE BOX INFO" on the build sheets and some that I've seen just have a hyphen there and as GM discontinued the cassette/tape holder thing half way through the production I'm just curious if yours had one or not.

There's a RPO code on the SPI label for this as well (I don't have it on mine so mine where built after they discontinued it) .... should have RPO B67 on there if yours did come with the cassette holder/storage thing.

Frank did yours come originaly wiht the tape cassete holder in the center console compartement? Reson for asking is that in the left hand section you got a K where it says "GLOVE BOX INFO" on the build sheets and some that I've seen just have a hyphen there and as GM discontinued the cassette/tape holder thing half way through the production I'm just curious if yours had one or not.

There's a RPO code on the SPI label for this as well (I don't have it on mine so mine where built after they discontinued it) .... should have RPO B67 on there if yours did come with the cassette holder/storage thing.

No cassette holder. Another thing you might notice is the RPO code "NB2" under emissions as being a California car. According to GTAsource page, 166 cars had this code. I'm assuming these were all the TTA's that were sent to Cali as I find it hard to believe that of the 8,470 GTA's made only 166 were destined for California, TTA's included.

spi_1.jpg

The only one I found without ripping apart the interior of mine was in the spare tire well.

Rob, which one did you find back there? CNSL, TRIM, V33 or I/P one?

I'm still after a high res scan of the TRIM one .... all others I do have now (CNSL and V33 done and working on the I/P one)