Building boost with hydroboost brakes

I've been doing some research on the hydroboost brakes recently and have a few questions. Can the hb brakes replace a trans brake as far as holding more boost on the line? And if so is it safe for the trans? I've read in some posts that the brakes will hold before the tranny does. What would a safe boost margin be?

I can easily hold 15 to 17 lbs of boost with my Hydroboost. Maybe more. Don't know exactly what the max would be.
No transbrake here, but I do think they have their place on a car built for it.

I have a hydroboost set up and I can hold all the boost I want. Could prolly rip the backing plates right of the axle if I tried hard enough. :eek: The system as a whole has to be up to par. Lines, hardware, wheel cylinders all need to be in good working order. With that you will have all the braking power you would ever want.

I have a hydroboost set up and I can hold all the boost I want. Could prolly rip the backing plates right of the axle if I tried hard enough. :eek: The system as a whole has to be up to par. Lines, hardware, wheel cylinders all need to be in good working order. With that you will have all the braking power you would ever want.
Same for me, i can build 10psi boost sitting on dirt!:biggrin:

Same here... 15 to 17lbs easy on the footbrake. Never pushed it harder than that but thats the highest ive seen on mine.