Built around the turbo (TE60)

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Is it a "good" idea to planmuy engine around the turbo? If I was going to use the TE60 for mid-low 11's on a daily driver, what would I need to go along with it?

1. Walbro 340 (hotwired)
PLease fill in the rest

Thanks

50 to 55lb injectors and a chip
2800 to 3200 stall convertor
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
K&N behind the headlight
Box and poly bushing the rear control arms
Scanmaster or Direct Scan, Gages ( boost, fuel press. knock )
And the list can go on and on :D
Tarey D.

what about using the 57lb high impedance injectors? that way you would not have to modify the computer. would that be to much injector for that turbo? has any one heard any thing good or bad about these? any one useing these? not trying to steal your thread ws6 am thinking about going with the same turbo and was wondering about these injector.

Nowadays the chips avaialble are so good its tough to have too much injector. Go with the 57's.

Hey guys,sorry to bust in,but I'm getting a te60 and already have 009s (42.5) are these to small?ThanX

If you don't already have the turbo ordered I'd suggest going a bit bigger... I run a Limit Engineering TE-61 on my Buick with the .63 PTE exhaust housing & a 3200 rpm stall 9/11" converter. Street manners are excellent; it spools even faster than the stock combo did.

vettkillr:

The 009's are safe to the mid 11's and/or ~120 mph in the 1/4 so as long as you don't try and run it faster than that they should be fine.

Doug C.

dconnor
what size would you go with. I havent ordered the turbo yet
Originally posted by dconnor
If you don't already have the turbo ordered I'd suggest going a bit bigger... I run a Limit Engineering TE-61 on my Buick with the .63 PTE exhaust housing & a 3200 rpm stall 9/11" converter. Street manners are excellent; it spools even faster than the stock combo did.

vettkillr:

The 009's are safe to the mid 11's and/or ~120 mph in the 1/4 so as long as you don't try and run it faster than that they should be fine.

Doug C.

What are your goals for the car? IMO the TE-61 is a killer choice for the weekend warrior type car that sees a good bit of street duty.... Big enough to run solid mid/high 10's when dialed into KILL mode (with the right supporting pieces of course) yet small enough to have excellent driveability for putting around town.

My car has run a string of 11.4's@119.5 / low 1.6 60 foots with the TE-61 @ 23~24 lbs of boost, street chip, xylene "homebrew" & 28-10.5-15" slicks ( I like to call it fun/play "tune" ) :)

In pure street trim (255-60-15 radials, 93 pump gas, 16~17 lbs of boost) my car runs solid 12.2's@~110 with a lazy mid 1.8 60 foot.

Doug C.

Freshened stock heads (new seals, good valve job) & a CPP spec 206 cam.

Doug C.

Originally posted by dconnor
What are your goals for the car? IMO the TE-61 is a killer choice for the weekend warrior type car that sees a good bit of street duty.... Big enough to run solid mid/high 10's when dialed into KILL mode (with the right supporting pieces of course) yet small enough to have excellent driveability for putting around town.

My car has run a string of 11.4's@119.5 / low 1.6 60 foots with the TE-61 @ 23~24 lbs of boost, street chip, xylene "homebrew" & 28-10.5-15" slicks ( I like to call it fun/play "tune" ) :)

In pure street trim (255-60-15 radials, 93 pump gas, 16~17 lbs of boost) my car runs solid 12.2's@~110 with a lazy mid 1.8 60 foot.

Doug C.

I would like to be able to run mid/low 11's and still be able to jump in it and cruise. I will be driving it probably everyday or at least the majority of the time anyway

not wise to build a car around a turbo...

build a car around your goals...

for your goals, spend your money on heads, IC and exhaust....most any old turbo will do if the other stuff is done right

prolly the worst thing you can do is have a mismatched (as in too much) turbo......bigger the turbo, the bigger the probs