Buschur Racing full interior Evo RS runs 9's on straight pump gas!!!

To duplicate everything on this car would cost close to $30,000 in parts and labor. A lot of it isn't necessary but it I added up all the parts, like I did for a quote today, that is about where it would be. That would dropping the car off and picking it up ready to run.

I know the comments will probably start saying, "Oh my God for $30,000 my car would run 7's." Rest assured it doesn't take long to get to that figure in a Buick, I know because I did it.

An EVO will run 12's for next to nothing, no tire change, boost, exhaust, an air filter and a tune. 11's don't take much more than that, similar to a well thought out and done right Buick. Dropping into the 10's costs a little more but can be done on a stock engine/shortblock with just a small turbo upgrade and injectors on top of what it took you to get to 11's. By that time you've spent about $7500 plus the clutch you chose which can range from $500 to $1600.

There's a guy from the east coast running 10.0's on the stock shortblock and doing it cosistently. Not common though. The stock rods/pistons in the car will make 500 whp and run up to about 8,000 rpm reliably for quite awhile but if either fails and rod breaks it will cost you a new block as it usually put a hole in the block when the rod goes. A new block is $1800, so most guys save that expense once they get the itch to fo fast and just build the shortblock first.

The shortblock in my car we sell for $3,000. It will make 1,000+hp, can be driven anywhere and will go to 10,000+ rpm no problem.

The head is $1600 and has the same description as the block.

There is always a way to shortcut things but we don't believe in that, so if we do the engine it gets a complete new Mitsubishi engine gasket kit, new timing belt, new tensioner, new oil cooler, new front cover, new oil pump gears, oil, antifreeze, filters etc., all that ends up costing another $1100.

Engine management, we use the AEM EMS the most often, there are a few cheaper options but this is what we prefer, you can find it cheaper piecing it together through Ebay or some douche bag company but getting support.............good luck. The complete kit with support from us is $2150.

Double pumper fuel system is $500. Drops in, uses stock fuel lines.

Ignition upgrade is $985, it's a coil on plug CDI ignition, we build it. Cheaper options on that too but good luck on warranty and reliability.

Suspension for all 4 corners is $1100. Good enough to road race, autocross or drag race on, full single adjustable coil overs. Adjustable ride height etc.

The $30,000 price tag also includes all the lightweight components we make, like a rear mustache bar (holds the rear differential in place), rear differential supports, front center member. Light weight 2 piece aluminum hat rotors for the big stock Brembo brakes.

If a guy could do all the labor himself and had a machine shop he could trust the build price would go down pretty substantially. The price I quoted, like I said, is completely built, tuned and ready to drive home to wherever you lived and go race it at any type of event you chose. The car will knock out over 25 mpg, I'd gaurantee that and if it got as high as 32 mpg on the highway I wouldn't fall out of my chair in shock if you called and told me.

The only thing that price wouldn't include is the tires/wheels you wanted to run.

A good friend/customer of mine we built a car for over the winter recently ran his car. It has non of the lightweight stuff on it we build, stock heavy rotors, A/C, power windows, power door locks, an amp. He drive his car every single day it's nice outside. He has gotten 28 mpg driving from the Cleveland area down to Cincinnati which he does pretty often. The week before I ran these times he ran a 10.1 at 143 on straight pump gas. After 2 years on his transmission his 4th gear syncro gave up, so he couldn't get 4th gear. The car had a 1.43 sixty foot, had it not given up, he'd have gone 9's on pump gas too. It has also gone 9.8 at 149 mph on race gas.

I personally, loved my Buick, had a WE4. I also had zero luck with the car. Everytime I thought I'd figured it out, something else would happen. I know I had $60,000 wrapped up in it by the time I was done. Bad luck I guess cause I sure know of a lot of fast ones. I sold it for about a 1/4 of what I had in the entire project, just disgusted.

This car though, has been a freak for me and my luck really couldn't have been much better. It's nice when it goes that way. Literally hundreds of hours have been spent developing it all though.

thanks for the info dave , that is cheap at that level of performance , when you figure my 535 pontiac mountain motor alone cost 20,000 + . but its also good to 1600+ hp. If i were to own a nasty import , only 3 come to mind to me that i would want .

1. skyline
2.supra
3. nasy evo (no spoiler)

all everyday drivers of course

It must be because of the "Stock carpet". That explains it! J/k.... That is not a pretty car to say the least. Maybe ugly is a little extreme but I Know the new ones are wicked nice and totally better looking then that model year.

Good mph tho no matter what kinda power adder it has or hasn't. Impressive I guess but anyone can write anything about their car in a YouTube video. How would anyone know? Maybe it has hidden nitrous plumbing? Reguardless, impressive for a 4,6 or 8 cylinder for sure. It's a wicked sleeper for sure. No doubt about that.

As much as it kills me to say this I could see myself getting out of the TR world someday and getting into one of those new EVO X's maybe. Unlikely, but maybe. Like everyone my interests shift from time to time. The problem is if I ever sold my car I might beable to buy a stock EVO X and have to put another $20-30k into it. Car is fast there is no doubt about that. But owning a TR is more then just going fast. For a lot of us it brings us back to the 80's when life seemed much less trying:rolleyes:. If I see an EVO X on the street it gets my attention but how often do you see a nice TR on the street? I can honestly say I have maybe seen (10) on the street over the last (5) years that I would consider impressive.

Go to McDonalds on North Ave. in Bridgeport, Connecticut on a Wednesday night and you will see (10) EVO's in one night. Maybe not EVO X's but in a couple of years im sure the lot will be full of EVO X's. Nothing wrong with that. I love Supras as well. Hell I love any fast car with a turbo. I don't hate on the imports by any means but owning a TR is more then going fast. It's about owning a piece of history with a car that basically started the turbo world as we know it today.

I think it all comes down to your age. But like any new car these days there will another model out next year to replace the current model. That goes for Vetts, Mustangs, etc... You can't say that about a TR.

A good friend/customer of mine we built a car for over the winter recently ran his car. It has non of the lightweight stuff on it we build, stock heavy rotors, A/C, power windows, power door locks, an amp. He drive his car every single day it's nice outside. He has gotten 28 mpg driving from the Cleveland area down to Cincinnati which he does pretty often. The week before I ran these times he ran a 10.1 at 143 on straight pump gas. After 2 years on his transmission his 4th gear syncro gave up, so he couldn't get 4th gear. The car had a 1.43 sixty foot, had it not given up, he'd have gone 9's on pump gas too. It has also gone 9.8 at 149 mph on race gas.

I beleive you are talking about Tim's car. B@D@SS for sure. Everyone on our local board is pulling for him to get that first 9 second pass:biggrin:

WOW... How much would you sell the car for?

That car mentioned above is for sale for around $40K.

Thanx 4 laying out the cost on the buildup Dave ! :cool: That should erase anyones doubt that a 9.1 TSM TR is cheaper than this EVO...PERIOD!:mad:

It must be because of the "Stock carpet". That explains it! J/k.... That is not a pretty car to say the least. Maybe ugly is a little extreme but I Know the new ones are wicked nice and totally better looking then that model year.

Good mph tho no matter what kinda power adder it has or hasn't. Impressive I guess but anyone can write anything about their car in a YouTube video. How would anyone know? Maybe it has hidden nitrous plumbing? Reguardless, impressive for a 4,6 or 8 cylinder for sure. It's a wicked sleeper for sure. No doubt about that.

As much as it kills me to say this I could see myself getting out of the TR world someday and getting into one of those new EVO X's maybe. Unlikely, but maybe. Like everyone my interests shift from time to time. The problem is if I ever sold my car I might beable to buy a stock EVO X and have to put another $20-30k into it. Car is fast there is no doubt about that. But owning a TR is more then just going fast. For a lot of us it brings us back to the 80's when life seemed much less trying:rolleyes:. If I see an EVO X on the street it gets my attention but how often do you see a nice TR on the street? I can honestly say I have maybe seen (10) on the street over the last (5) years that I would consider impressive.

Go to McDonalds on North Ave. in Bridgeport, Connecticut on a Wednesday night and you will see (10) EVO's in one night. Maybe not EVO X's but in a couple of years im sure the lot will be full of EVO X's. Nothing wrong with that. I love Supras as well. Hell I love any fast car with a turbo. I don't hate on the imports by any means but owning a TR is more then going fast. It's about owning a piece of history with a car that basically started the turbo world as we know it today.

I think it all comes down to your age. But like any new car these days there will another model out next year to replace the current model. That goes for Vetts, Mustangs, etc... You can't say that about a TR.

I personally would NEVER sell my TR for an EVO for pretty much the same reasons that were stated above, but I will give them credit where credit is due as it is pretty darn impressive in my opinion to see this kind of performance from a little 122 cubic inch 4banger! Regardless of whether or not you like the looks of the car or the fact that it's an import, it's pretty hard to argue with those numbers on straight pump gas from a full interior street car.

I was gonna let David do all talking about this car but I have to chime in here. I was there helping out with the car and doing some of the video taping. (You can see me in the one pict on the video with my blue Buick Motorsports shirt on:D ) Kevin the driver of the Evo and I have been friends for 30 years.

Let me state for the record this car has NO NITROUS or any other power adder that isnt mentioned! PERIOD! David builds sick fast rides and knows what he is doing. I have known David for many years and he is an extreamly honest person and is a man of integrity! To say his Buick WE4 he had for years was nice is an understatement. Hopefully he will be back someday to the TR world!:cool:

Brian

Again and to the point, the video shows a car with no cage then shows a car running several sub 9.99 passes. At what track is this allowed?:confused:

Again and to the point, the video shows a car with no cage then shows a car running several sub 9.99 passes. At what track is this allowed?:confused:

There's a track here in Cincinnati that allows that. I have been to a few others too.

I'm living on the wrong coast! We have to pack around a few hundred pounds of cage to do that:frown:

Its a little hole in the wall place called Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Same place the Buick race is put on by the Michigan chapter. You may have seen the NHRA tour stop there a couple months back also.:D

All the tracks need to look into changing the requirements given the fact that there are stock cars running below 11.50. I just thought all NHRA tracks followed NHRA rules. Learn somethin new everday:cool:

I was gonna let David do all talking about this car but I have to chime in here. I was there helping out with the car and doing some of the video taping. (You can see me in the one pict on the video with my blue Buick Motorsports shirt on:D ) Kevin the driver of the Evo and I have been friends for 30 years.

Let me state for the record this car has NO NITROUS or any other power adder that isnt mentioned! PERIOD! David builds sick fast rides and knows what he is doing. I have known David for many years and he is an extreamly honest person and is a man of integrity! To say his Buick WE4 he had for years was nice is an understatement. Hopefully he will be back someday to the TR world!:cool:

Brian

I tend to believe that is true after watching the video a dozen or more times. Man that little thing is impressive. I retract my negative comments.

v6racer, I don't know if you mean "How much COULD I sell it for?" Or "How much would you sell it for?" Last year when it ran 9.7's I was offered $50,000 for it buy two different people, I was not interested in selling it. There is a customer of ours who duplicated my car and he sold his for that amount. After the car went 9.1 I was approached again about selling it and said I would not sell it at all. The guy offered me (obviously he was not serious) $200,000. I told him I'd take that and laughed, then I thought about it and told him I wasn't too sure I'd even sell it for that. I love the car, I bought it new and now you can no longer buy these new. The RS is also rare, the 2004 being the rarest of all the EVO8's. I'm sure selling it for $50,000 would be a fair price as I was seriously offered, but the fact is I am just not interested in selling the car. We build them everyday here at the shop and I'd rather just build one for someone.

gnbrett, come to Ohio ANYTIME, if you find nitrous on this car I will give you the car and the title. It doesn't have it now nor has it ever had it. As for the EVOX......I own one of those too. Not a proven platform yet. Heavy as hell. I like the EVO8-9 much better. I don't know how you can call this car ugly but we all have our likes/dislikes. I like how my WE4 looked, my white T and my turbo T/A. I woudn't trade this EVO for all three of them though.

kevinb, the car I was talking about is Tim's friend, Eric. Tim went 10.5 on pump, 10.0 on race. Neither car is for sale as far as I know.

This was done at a private track rental at Summit Motorsport Park.

For those of you that will complain about the cage. Think of something quickly. Do you truly believe that a fully equipped street car such as this that has two functional air bags, side impact beams in the doors, seat belts, driver is wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes and a fire jacket is less safe than a motorcycle? Seriously, the cage this is retarded. They build stock bikes that run 9's, the guy has to have a helmet, long sleeve shirt, jeans and shoes on to run it. Which is more dangerous?

I also drive this car on the street. My personal opinion is if you own a car you drive on the street and you have a cage in it you are an idiot. A very minor collision can easily send your head or one of your passengers head into the many tubes in the cage, killing them at low speeds. This car is for the street first and track last. My kids slamming their heads into the cross bar on the hoop is not something I ever want to see happen.

No complaints here, I agree with every thing you said! I'm just bummed that my T is destined to never be more than an 11.50 car on the track for all the reasons you stated.