Buying a Turbo Regal, opinions welcome.

tommyguns

Maybe this has been asked before..

When you are looking for a TR, and with the prices, I am, would you prefer one with stock or near stock parts and condition, or would you want one with "Tasteful" and effective bolt on parts that are already there?

I say this because the car prices have fallen, but to my knowledge, the aftermarket parts prices are even with what they have always sold for, minus the temporary sales and what not.

I think Id go for the already modded cars to save $$ in the long run. I understand about them being run harder, but who is to say an owner of a stocker never ran the crap outta his?

Just curious, which would you do? Thanx, 'Guns.

I think Id go for the already modded cars to save $$ in the long run. I understand about them being run harder, but who is to say an owner of a stocker never ran the crap outta his?

That says it all there! Ive test driven bone stock cars that have has the hell beat out of them and been in cars with lots of mods that never even went to the track! I'd say its all in what the owner admits and if you can trust them. Know the history of the car. The one or two owners are the best ones to get because you at least have an idea of who has had the car and its history. Good luck on your quest!

The worst would be a beat up who knows who rebuilt it and how many times, "returned to stock" car. :eek::rolleyes:

That opens a whole new investigative area when you think you own a true stocker.

I'll take the tasteful and a few tasteless :p mods. and a Buick built motor from an "honest" owner anyday. :cool:

It's a question of trust for sure when buying these cars.