Buying iphone from ebay?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Just looking to pick up an Iphone 6 off of ebay. Anyone have any luck doing this and not get ripped off? Buyer recommendations?

Mark, I am the last one to give you an opinion on a cell phone, as mine sits on my desk most of the week - not turned on.

My flip phone needed to be replaced, so my friend said go to Walmart. The basic smart phone which is smarter than me, cost $47 including tax and a 2 year warranty!

The sales guy spent an hour transferring my contacts, setting up the phone, and also did his best to educate me how to use it.

The thing does more that I can comprehend and need, and still cannot text, and probably never will?

For $30 or so, I have enough time on it which will take me into July before I will spend another $20 for 3 additional months.

When I have time, one of my grand kids will gladly help me learn as much as I can in using this as my wife's help is NOT a good idea, even though she has a high dollar I-phone. ;)

I'd prefer craigslist actually, I've sold mine there before. you could set the meeting at your local apple store, and the techs there can plug it into their computers and tell you everything you need to know

I've bought 5, 5c and several android phones off eBay. Look at the seller feed back. Make sure what you are buying works on your network or is unlocked. Make sure it works with the GSM or the Verizon/sprint which ever you are working with. Pay attention to what comes with it as if it isn't specified you probably aren't getting it.

I really like the idea of meeting at an Apple Store. We have bought 2 iPhones for our daughter and this is my routine. I do not buy from anyone who has sold phones before. Also I look for people who have been members long and maybe have not sold much either. They have to have good feedback. Usually regular (older) people don't use the phones as much. And regular people usually have really good cases and screen protectors. I Guarantee that our daughter used that phone more in the first 72 hrs than months or years of the previous owner.

Mark, PM me. I have an iPhone 6, 64 GB. Was thinking about upgrading to iPhone 7. My phone is always in a case and with glass protector.

If you think it sucks buying something off eBay, don't dare try to sell anything.

Boss sold an iPhone and had the new owner use it for 2 months and then send it back and eBay sided with the buyer, who was just after a free ride. And they froze our damn PayPal account while it was happening.

My wife's broken screen iPhone 6 has been laying on the counter for like 3 months. Been meaning to fix it and sell it but the values have dropped to where it's hardly worth the effort, and since I run the same phone I will probably just cannabalize it. The earphone speaker in mine is shot and I have to talk on speakerphone.