C-116 loss of power

garysol1

Say ello to my lil friend
I am running 116 in the tank for the first time and I am a little surprised. With 93 in the tank I had to tickle the gas in first or the tires just went up in smoke. I put the 116 in the tank and added 2psi boost...17psi now...Now when I punch it it spins a little and goes.Lost low end power. My o2's still look good and there is no timing retard but the car feels soft down low. Is this normal? Do I need to do anything else. I only took one street run before loading her on the trailer so I am hoping to get some thoughts from you guys so I know what direction to tune at the track. Thanks

higher octane burns slower, 116 on a street chip and only 17psi is way over kill, so its no surprise it feels like it lost a little. The best burn you'll get is with the lowest ocatae you can run without detonation.

yep...you can tweak the fueling leaner at launch, build more boost against the brake before launch....or run less octane if you don't need C16 for the boost you are running.

Some have mixed some Sunoco in with it as it seems to spool a bit better.

Plus you'll need more timing advance. High octane like C116 burns SLOWWW. Put in a race chip and hang on!!!!

Plus the smell is addictive ;)

John

Awesome info guys thanks.....I just snuck out in the garage and put 2 more turns on the wastegate. I am running the 116 just for insurance. I plan to make alot of Runs Saturday and just want that cushin.....Plus it does smell awesome :)

From my experience 116 like alot of timing and boost.I typically run around 27psi and 26* timing with 116,no knock.If I plan on keeping the boost around 25psi I usually run 112 with better results than the 116 with the same timing.You should only have as much octane as you need,too much will slow you down.

HTH,
Steve

We have a definate problem out here in the boonies where I live. My fuel options are 91 or 116 with nothing in between. I will run down to the gas station and mix the 116 some. Thanks again
-------------------------------------------------

From my experience 116 like alot of timing and boost.I typically run around 27psi and 26* timing with 116,no knock.If I plan on keeping the boost around 25psi I usually run 112 with better results than the 116 with the same timing.You should only have as much octane as you need,too much will slow you down.

HTH,
Steve