C-Clip Eliminator on disc brake rear?

greeneyegi

Since the search function doesnt work worth a crap anymore.
Ive got the rear end out of car.im installing hr sway bar,hr lowers,hotchkis adj uppers,dennys 3.5"nitrous shaft with chrome moly yolk and trans yolk,
while its out im going to order new eaton 30spline posi,& axles.
ive got baer brakes all the way around.
has anybody done a c-clip eliminator on a disc brake setup?
if so can i get the part # and best setup for axles .
their was a good thread on replacing the posi and axles,but search sucks.
is their anything else i should do while ive got this out ?

You might want to pm Rick Elam (white t) on here. I think there a Lil trick or two with the baer set up and the c clip eliminators.

I just got done.

Attachments

• 1431128725596.jpg
    1431128725596.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 285
I put in ARP ring gear bolts and ARP studs for the caps. Strange spool, 33s 5/8 studs. As far as brakes I had these on the stock 28 c-clip. Just little modification. Cut axles down where rotors would slide over and drill for studs. Drill for c-clip eliminators making it a 12" flange and shortened the tubes down to about 1/4 ".

Last edited:
Strange 33s have to have a spool. No clips. The eliminators does away with them.

U use the eliminators based on axle diameter. Mine is a1032 I think. But 30 spline is probably different.

What Baer system do you have?

If you are looking to get rid of c-clips, the beat way would be to get a housing end and axle package and weld new housing ends on the rear end. You can get these from all the rear end manufacturers. This is a little more work, but a nicer, cleaner set up.

What Baer system do you have?

If you are looking to get rid of c-clips, the beat way would be to get a housing end and axle package and weld new housing ends on the rear end. You can get these from all the rear end manufacturers. This is a little more work, but a nicer, cleaner set up.
It was installed on an issue of car craft in feb 1996 .
pg.#3.jpg
pg.#5.jpg
pg.#6.jpg
.they didn't have package named for it back then.it has 13"in front and 12"in rear.
i think they are called baer claw.

i ordered the truetrac-eaton,moser axles,
do i need new axle bearings when using a eliminator kit?

I should have other brackets for c-clip eliminators if needed, I would cut you a good deal on them.

Just verify your rear rotor size.

Thx!

I should have other brackets for c-clip eliminators if needed, I would cut you a good deal on them.

Just verify your rear rotor size.

Thx!
hereis a pic of what i have....12" in rear.

Attachments

• KIMG0286.JPG
    KIMG0286.JPG
    684.9 KB · Views: 149
  • KIMG0287.JPG
    KIMG0287.JPG
    788.8 KB · Views: 156
if you have rear disc brakes, why would you need c-clip eliminators? everything is now held in place with the caliper around the rotor which retains the axle yes?

if you have rear disc brakes, why would you need c-clip eliminators? everything is now held in place with the caliper around the rotor which retains the axle yes?
You do have a very valid point.never even thought of it that way.I guess in theory if the axle breaks I would know right away and should be able to stop it, before the caliper bolts would brake?