C-ComWP update

Originally posted by Larry
To Much cold and Snow here. I can not see or understand anymore. I do remember though- I had ordered and Paid $25 for and update from PTE last Dec 03'. HUH? Yep- was to come with a Turbo. Had been having problems gettting a clear explanation. They finally got this Gal named Diane to cover customer relations. She shook the bushes and presto- Turbo and update is on the truck headed for my igloo. Gotta meet her someday- anyway- Would this update you are talking about supercede the one I don't even have yet :eek: Larry
Since the above- I received my Fast Update. Its labeled "C-COM windows platform WP Version 1.0" This must be something different than what you have been discusing above. Can you explain what the diffference is? Thanks Larry :confused:

Update

Yep. Because I don't think the update is finished yet. But I would pretty much be sure that you will get the new update when it is finished.

Steve

The "update" will be downloadable from the internet and will be installable over a working copy of C-Com WP.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
The "update" will be downloadable from the internet and will be installable over a working copy of C-Com WP.

:) Thanks- there really is a Santa Clause. Larry

A question for Craig

Craig,

I've read through the previous threads concerning this update, and I have to say it sounds like it will be an impressive one when you get it out the door. I'm sure you don't want to get into the specifics of the upgrade before it's released, but I do have one question:

One of the current characteristics of the FAST system is that changing MAP sensors (from 2 bar to 3 bar, for example) does not automatically scale the values in the underlying tables. So if I have a motor tuned for a 2 bar sensor, and I want to run more boost and install a 3 bar sensor, I can change the MAP sensor value in the software, but this only changes the values on the MAP axis itself, and does nothing to the actual values in the cells. To change the values in the cells, I have to retune the whole motor

Will the update address this behavior in any way? I like the greater resolution I get by running a 2 bar sensor, but I would like to run more boost (perhaps as much as 20 psi), and that means running a 3 bar sensor, but changing to a 3 bar sensor not only offers less resolution but also means doing a complete retune. While some retuning would be inevitable, it seems that the software should be able to convert the existing data internally, preserving the values for the cells that exist in both situations.

I would appreciate whatever you can tell me about this...and if my understanding of this is wrong, please let me know! I'm going to be visiting the tuner in a few weeks, and this 2 bar/3 bar sensor decision is one of the things I'm still on the fence about.

Thanks,

Jeff

I sure hope Craig can help you out on that one.

However, i have a feeling that it would be very difficult to do. I think you will have to write to programs. I ran into this problem myself, and it really mucks up the whole situation, so i just left it at 3 bar. You will just have to keep pressing the L key at every Cell in the map! if you can do it!

Looks like the FAST update lost Vs the HR sway bar, its here! after 6 months!. Craig maybe put in for some overtime.....everyone is anxious..

Hey norbs, I 2nd that !! Maybe they're putting more goodies than we expect into this thing......that's why it's taking sooo long....no maybe not ?? Wishfull thinking !! Too bad there wasn't a way to feed off the factory speed sensor to use for MPH and then calc 1/4 mile etc like Direct Scan does ? I know it would require more in/out ability.

I just got tired with that buble thing. Three times in an hour...and i need to set up the dash my way everytime:mad:

Explain buble thing please? and 3 times in one hour?

The buble stays right down on the first line of the map, and when i push the pedal it goes only to one direction(to the top or to the right)
Some times its the VE map and some other times is the advance table
It also happend with the temp. correction table that i wanted to add fuel @140*F and during adjustment the little cursor went on the top right corner and stayed there.
I had to install the disk once again to come in normal position.
This have happened to other guys too , since i got emails from people that searched the BB and saw that i have mentioned this a few years earlier

I had a similar situation when my MAP sensor failed. I would only get movement on the horizontal (RPM) axis, not the vertical.

Any possibility it could be a wiring problem, or a failing MAP sensor? Just a thought...

Jeff

I found that impossible.Our map sensors dont fail that often like the marrelis
..and it works perfect after the "set up"

Still no progress? Can someone please give us a quick progress report on the update?

They could be up to something, cross your fingers this time!

Originally posted by norbs
They could be up to something, cross your fingers this time!

Crossing my finger and eyes hopefulyl the update is easy to view, i cant keep my eyes like this for much longer;)

I wonder why it takes so long for them to get stuff done there at FAST. It probably still won't be ready till the summer.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
Hopefully before this week is up. There are some finishing touches to be added to the deal prior to forwarding it to our webmaster. Our website is administrated in Memphis, not here, so we can't make any promises on someone else's behalf. However, this sort of thing is usually handled very efficiently for us once we provide them with what we have.

Posted on Jan 19/2004.

I would fire your website team if it takes 3 months to upload a few files!:eek:

Originally posted by 96Z28SS
I wonder why it takes so long for them to get stuff done there at FAST. It probably still won't be ready till the summer.

It's proably like alot of performance company's you'd think its NASA but if you actually went there it would be 1 or 2 guys who make the stuff R+D etc and they sub everything else out once they made the 1st 1