C.N.P Coil Near Plug/ Coil on Plug

Dr. Boost

Chitown
I am happy to say that there are now 2 Grand Nationals here in Arizona with prototype individual coil to plug set ups.:D One street car and one street/strip car with a race version on the way. When final testing is done these kits will be available through Arizona GN. You will need to call for availability. I cannot thank Jan enoughfor bringing this to reality for me. I am extremely happy with how my car turned out. :biggrin: It almost looks like it came that way from the factory. I do have a little more clean up to do. I will post pix tomorrow. For those of you who said it could not be done or did not believe. Believe. Believe. :cool: I will also update over the next few weeks about performance. I will say this. There are noticable driving and start from stop differences. I think that using the current technology on our cars is the future.

Pix

Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• cop1.jpg
    cop1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,720
  • cop2.jpg
    cop2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,707
def. interested but i would be wondering if you could just get the whole wiring harness as i have a bunch of gm coils laying around if those are indeed just gm ones....ill be looking to buy this setup regradless once it comes out im curious on power numbers from switching from coil pack to this back to back on a dyno with all else being equal.....

Good work, it's nice to see modern tech being applied to our motors. Having off the shelf parts from a variety of suppliers will be nice too.

I'm very interested in this also...but agree would like to see some better pics...maybe out more from the motor so I can see exactly how they are mounted...

So when are they coming out, and how much. Also do you have any performance numbers on them. I love the pics btw, keep em coming. I was thinking about rigging something up, all your doing is making and breaking a primary how hard could it be? I think i'll just try to get mine running though

So when are they coming out, and how much. Also do you have any performance numbers on them. I love the pics btw, keep em coming. I was thinking about rigging something up, all your doing is making and breaking a primary how hard could it be? I think i'll just try to get mine running though

I was thinking I might look into how to do it myself... but I got to get mine back on the road first..... there are many other more pressing projects ahead of that one unfortunately.... The waste spark system would be one of my goals to shed....

OK guys, here is the deal on Scott's original post. It was "informational" to show this is the second GN we have converted running with COP, it is not to provide detail tech info on specifically what we did, or how we did it.:)

We invested our time, money and talent to work this out. There is no doubt that others can, and will, accomplish the same thing, but until then we will work with the people that have contacted us for parts and tech assistance to do this conversion.

Our personal testing has shown driveability and performance improvements over the stock coil pack. Based upon data from Ken D. and others, their results also show COP is the best performance ignition.

Since Jan works at a dyno-tuning performance facility dealing with many different makes and applications on a daily basis, we will do specific testing on GN's with COP. He is also crew chief on the Gallina/Dutwieller twin-turbo GN [which has COP!] with much field tuning experience.

We are currently working on local installs and starting an out-of-state install with an experienced, long time board member who races his low 10 sec. GN. In a couple weeks we will have further data for those looking to do this conversion.

Thanks for your interest. :smile:

Racing in Bowling Green this week, will get back to working on that project when I return. Hopefully with a six second time slip. :biggrin:

Racing in Bowling Green this week, will get back to working on that project when I return. Hopefully with a six second time slip. :biggrin:

Jan,

Wish the whole team the best of luck for me.
I think there will be some big numbers thrown down
with Ken Duttweiler power!