Cabin fever TTA

ttafan

After plowing two feet of snow for three days, and no track visits in the near future. Some good news! I finally got a call from Jim's Racing Tires in Baltimore telling me my wheels had come in. The Draglites were just a little too common for my taste, and I didn't want another gold rim. So I switched to the new black Magnums. As far as I know, the three piece fronts are special order only..... Rears are 9", fronts are 3.5" skinnies. Here are some pics. Enjoy! :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN3083.jpg
    DSCN3083.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN3087.jpg
    DSCN3087.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN3085.jpg
    DSCN3085.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCN3084.jpg
    DSCN3084.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN3078.jpg
    DSCN3078.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 378
very nice Trent...the Draglites looked good but I do like these even better :cool:

I see you moved some decals around some too ;)

Maybe we can meet sometime after the Holidays...I have a lot of work to do over the Winter ;)

-Scott

very nice Trent...the Draglites looked good but I do like these even better :cool:

I see you moved some decals around some too ;)

Maybe we can meet sometime after the Holidays...I have a lot of work to do over the Winter ;)

-Scott

Thanks Scott, Sure no problem, anytime. Hope you and your family have a great Holiday. Did you ask for any TTA goodies for Christmas? :biggrin:

Thanks Scott, Sure no problem, anytime. Hope you and your family have a great Holiday. Did you ask for any TTA goodies for Christmas? :biggrin:

You and your family have a great Holiday also !

yeah TTA goodies but I'll be buying them myself...might be able to talk the wife into the PLX Wideband O2 :biggrin:

Already have a nice S/S 3" ATR exhaust & tubular lower rear control arms waiting to be installed and plans for subframe connectors, DP loop and 9" rear shortly after the New Year thanks to my new buddy Rick :cool:

Going to have to decide to install a roll bar or stick with track rentals...not going to get away with to many sub 11.49 passes when I'm knocking on the door of a 10 sec pass...and don't want to slow it down either :rolleyes:

I an officially infected with the sickness :biggrin:

-Scott

Still got stock brakes up front? If so how did you get the 15's to clear the caliper?:confused:
Looks AWESOME BTW:biggrin:

Still got stock brakes up front? If so how did you get the 15's to clear the caliper?:confused:

He is running different brakes...Aerospace I beleive. The New Weld RT Series are designed to be used on the newer LS series Camaro's and Firebird's that typicaly run 17" & 18" wheels and have larger brakes. The dish on the back doesn't step down like in the front in order to clear the larger brakes.

ALL NEW RT SERIES

• Designed for O.E. brake caliper clearance
on GM LS1 F-body, S197 Mustang GT, and
other late model performance applications
• Surpasses all applicable race wheel and
SAE street wheel standards
• 3 piece forged modular construction is
stronger and lighter than cast construction
• Available in 6 styles with either Polished or
Black anodized centers.
• Valve stem and cap included
• Made in Kansas City, USA

Thanks everyone, Yes, I have Aerospace brakes all around. Scott, These are actually the Magnum Drag 2.0's, not the RT series. I think the RT's are more of a street wheel, but are black anodized like these. I know that Weld does not actually sell the fronts as I had to special order them in black milled powder coat. They are only listed in their catalog as having the gold centers. Here are some under hood shots. Enjoy! :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN3096.jpg
    DSCN3096.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN3099.jpg
    DSCN3099.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN3101.jpg
    DSCN3101.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 248
Thanks everyone, Yes, I have Aerospace brakes all around. Scott, These are actually the Magnum Drag 2.0's, not the RT series. I think the RT's are more of a street wheel, but are black anodized like these. I know that Weld does not actually sell the fronts as I had to special order them in black milled powder coat. They are only listed in their catalog as having the gold centers. Here are some under hood shots. Enjoy! :smile:

Trent, I see now...didn't realize they were the Magnum Drag 2.0's...thought they were the Magnum III RT's Weld Racing 792B-58278 - Weld Racing Magnum III RT Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com :redface: now that I looked at them more closely I see the difference :cool:

yup...the RT series are 3 peice Street/Strip wheels ;)

Scott

Attachments

• Weld-Magnum III RT.jpg
    Weld-Magnum III RT.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 238
:)

Nice looking engine. I see the lower IC scoop:p Also, I see how you raise the scoop by further fabricating the neck. Great idea!

looks good ... but im going gold magnum 2.0's like i did with my GN an 1 peice fronts. whats the BS for the front an rears .... I hate the magnum 3.0's the look like shet imo like the knock off magnums

Not even dual nozzle alky!!! Care to explain why you have decided not to take the plunge to dual?

Jason

Why would you go with 15" wheels?

The black looks great ( and would look BEST on a GN ) but why ditch the gold wheel theme of a stock TTA? ---