California Introduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles From Emissions Inspection Requirement

How many people actually called, emailed or did anything about it? From the feeling Im getting, I think I was the only one. Sucks that everyone complains about it but given the chance, no one does anything about it!

Unfortunately I think most people are apethetic myself included. In this instance I didn't figure the legislation had any chance of passing so I didn't pursue it. It's sort of like not voting then complaining about who get's elected. I probably shouldn't have been so pessimistic and been a bit more proactive. Guilty as charged.

Sorry

Neal

Well at least your honest Neal. But I feel a lot of Americans in general are like that. "Someone else will call/email. If its meant to be its meant to be." Im sure we could have at least made our voices heard! Sad that people dont fight for what they believe in anymore.

For the record I did email my Senator Mimi Walters. ;) I then received an email regarding some racing info..

This year, Senator Walters is authoring SB 1174, which would make California more friendly to racing organizations and their teams by changing the overall length limitations on motorsports trailers from 53’ to 56’. It would also eliminate the need for these trailers to apply for special permits when driving in California.

Just so you guys know It's NOT OVER YET ;) I started a new post on this also.

Legislation (S.B. 1224) to exempt all motor vehicles prior to the 1981 model year from the emissions inspection requirement has been granted reconsideration after failing to be approved by a Senate Transportation and Housing Committee vote. The bill failed on a 3-4 vote, with two committee members not voting. The bill will be reconsidered in a future committee hearing. Those who voted in favor of the bill are Senators Gaines, Harman and Wyland. Those who voted against are Senators DeSaulnier, Lowenthal, Pavley and Simitian. Senators Kehoe and Rubio did not vote on the bill.

Contact Senators DeSaulnier, Lowenthal, Pavley, Simitian, Kehoe and Rubio (Contact Info Below) Immediately To Request Their Support for S.B. 1224

After researching each Senator..Last go around all that Voted Against are Democrats and all that Voted in Favor of Republicans.