California Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles From Emissions Inspection Requirement Fails Committee Vo

FYI, emails sent! And in case you guys want an example, feel free to use mine! :) Just trying to make it easier so everyone does it!

Dear Senator,

As a California resident, Combat Veteran, Auto Technician and auto enthusiast, I am emailing you to request your support for proposed bill S.B 1224. As an ASE Master Certified Tech and Mercedes Benz Master Certified Tech I strongly agree with the fact that there is a minimal impact of emissions and air quality from pre-1981 vehicles. Most of the cars that collectors maintain and drive are usually driven on weekends or on special events. Not to mention, the emissions they put out are usually lower than the emissions they emitted when the vehicle was brand new 30 years ago. But because the parts do not have a Executive Order Number making them SMOG Legal in California, the vehicles fail the visual portion of the California SMOG Tests. The vehicles that we collect tend to be better maintained and operated less than most of the vehicles on the road today. I am requesting that you please support S.B. 1224! Thank you for your time!

Victor Camacho
MTG Services Inc
V-22 SE In-Service Engineer
MCAS Miramar

Also, why not post this in the "General" section so it gets more views? Im sure there are a few that will email them even if they are not from California!

In an effort to redeem myself. I went ahead and e-mailed the senators on the list too. I don't think my e-mail was as good as Victor's but I hope it helps the cause.

Neal

Emails sent. Have my doubts it will do any good, but hey, now I can bitch if it fails again!

Well, since the subject is getting pretty quit in here and I figure the Senators have a TON of other stuff to worry about, I decided to remind them that I still want there support. I will copy and paste my previous email and email it to them every day until they either pass the bill or shoot it down. But at least you cant say I didnt try! :D

I just recieved this email from one of the Senators I emailed.

Thank you for contacting my office about your concerns regarding SB 1224. I will take your concerns into consideration when I hear this bill on the Senate floor. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me to share your opinions and beliefs.
Thank you again for your correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (310) 314-5214 or (818) 876-3352 with further questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Fran Pavley
State Senator, District 23

I got that one too. At least they took the time to respond. We can only hope for the best. :D

Neal

Gee...didn't see that coming at all...
Freakin' Nazi's!!!!:mad:
They need all the coin they can muster to pay for that useless high speed rail they've been trying to get built for 30+ years.