California residents

wiked87gn

Banned
how do you get a 10 sec buick into the states, and pass the Brutal visual inspection from the DMV, without having to get the car back to its original state, meaning put all the smog equipment back onto it..

all i did was put the stock oil fill tube, a cat, turbo cover (so it looks stock) showed them the o2 sensor, i have a 14in atr k&n but its covered with that black scoop dill, and put a smog chip.
mine passed the visual and smog test. i have a 70gtq,83#injectors,3800 stall,lsi maf, pte front mount,ported heads with big vlvs, after market cam, 65mm tb,trans plus etc.... and no problem. turned the fuel press down also. passed with flyin colors. that was also a smog only station!:eek:

dunno the specs on the cam yet I emailed the seller asking the same question hopefully he will get back to me soon..

wells are you asking me or wiked? mine was made by crower 214 cam little small but i don't need a big cam it was right for the combo. i had the ex kind of shortened to help the turbo spool a little faster.

Turbobusa:
Hey, dude. I remember you, we met at Carlsbad in the fckng rain waiting for the track to open. I was in the '02 silver Z06.
I see you on the board every so often.
The question was regarding your car, but I was curious about Kevin's ex-car also.

i remember now. ya that rain sucked. o well no more carlsbad. you showing up at fontana jan22?

I am gonna be there along with Ray and His GNX, Eddie, Bob, Neal,Morgan and maybe a couple more guys. should be good fun if we can get some runs in and the track is well preped.

Originally posted by TurboBusa
i remember now. ya that rain sucked. o well no more carlsbad. you showing up at fontana jan22?

is that ray as in raymond bunch? i bet we are only gonna be able to run 2 runs:mad: darn fart cans!

ebay for 20 bucks, i believe its a testa chip. i would like to have somebody scan this chip and see what's he done to it. man, i watched that graph come up to 3/4 before the not pass line i thought i was done for then it just stayed there. i don't know if this really works or if it helped me pass but i also bought this can of "gurantee to pass smog" i think its by barrymans. you know what harry i was willing to try anything. i went through the whole spring cleaning thing the engine just had 2500 miles on it.
You know with my old set up was a pt te44 and 009 injectors it passed also and Neal steward made that chip for me it was a 19*
91 oct. and i ran high 12's with that. Neal actually played around with the car also. he actually made that for 45# injectors. don't know why, but he's the chip guy. he knew what to do. well, sh*t
man doesn't his beast also pass and thats a friggin stage 2, big inj, big 76 turbo aluminum heads, big cam etc... some people just have their own thing going on (you know what i mean) but i'm not so lucky i have a smog only station. :( i would like to put it up on the machine again when i get more miles inow have 3900 miles on it. its gonna be stored soon for a while though, more like 3 to 6 years! darn this middle east thing:mad: i think i'm gonna try to tune it tonight at qualcom.

Sounds like the chip was a shot in dark that hit the 10 ring. thankyou for your response.
Regards,Harry