CAM 2 unlead 100 oct

john keskes

I recently found out that there's a Local gas stat that carries this stuff so I tried it.. My car is basically stock - see my sig.. Here and there the car has some transitional knock ( during shifts ) 1.2 - 2.5 deg when i run 93 oct.. running about 16 lbs of boost. I just threw in 4.5 gals ( this stuff is not cheap ! 9.95 / gal ) of this gas just to see how if I feels ... i took car into work today and had a chance to push it hard on the highway and wow it made a difference. 0.0 knock and the highest reading on the SM was 679 at 92 mph. Since i don't drive the car all that much, it looks like I'm gonna back - burn my thoughts of Alky or E-85 .. Im kind of relieved that the ret i was getting was not false knock .. Know i just wonder how it will feel with a full tank and a 100 oct Chip .. (y)

You got to pay to play. A couple of tank fulls of 100 octane would buy you an alky kit.

Last edited:
I recently found out that there's a Local gas stat that carries this stuff so I tried it.. My car is basically stock - see my sig.. Here and there the car has some transitional knock ( during shifts ) 1.2 - 2.5 deg when i run 93 oct.. running about 16 lbs of boost. I just threw in 4.5 gals ( this stuff is not cheap ! 9.95 / gal ) of this gas just to see how if I feels ... i took car into work today and had a chance to push it hard on the highway and wow it made a difference. 0.0 knock and the highest reading on the SM was 679 at 92 mph. Since i don't drive the car all that much, it looks like I'm gonna back - burn my thoughts of Alky or E-85 .. Im kind of relieved that the ret i was getting was not false knock .. Know i just wonder how it will feel with a full tank and a 100 oct Chip .. (y)
679 is too low for the O2 sensor. You need to observe fuel pressure to see if you have 58 lbs at 16 lbs of boost. If you have less,you need to fix the cause.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity where is the gas station on LI?

679 is too low for the O2 sensor. You need to observe fuel pressure to see if you have 58 lbs at 16 lbs of boost. If you have less,you need to fix the cause.
Fuel Pressure is fine.. I was just happy to see Zero Knock.. I didn't touch the TT chips parameters or boost after i added the 100.. I know that i'm going to go wide band and logger real soon so i know exactly where i'm at..

Not trying to hijack the thread but why not just convert to e85? It's the best thing I've ever done to my car. Better idle, no knock at 23-24 psi (gonna try 28 later), and the best thing is it cost around 30 bucks to fill my tank. Gas mileage...................eh not so much maybe 12 to 14. Doesn't cost much to convert as there are some very proven recipes for converting.

If you get a 100 octane chip the knock will return. The 100 octane just band aided the lean problem you have.