cam help

SPS

I need Alky!!!
i just got this cam off ebay and wanted to get some opinions on it. its supposed to be a speedpro roller with 224/224 duration, .496 lift, and 106 cam centerline. thats all i know about it. i am trying to decifer the numbers on it and will post what i find. does this sound like a roller grind? also dumb question, but what is the stock rocker ratio on tb's? guy says these specs are with 1.6 rockers

I don't know if it's a roller or not just by hearing the specs, but I believe the stock rockers are 1.55.

Stock ratio

is as B/bandit says, I have a comp/cam, flat tap, hyd. lifter, 224/224 .496"/.496" on 110c/line. that I WISH was a roller! :biggrin:

Eyup, stock RA ratio is 1.55:1. Please explain how you happened to buy a cam without knowing details about it? :confused:

thanks for the replys- well i got the cam for $23.00!! there was no reserve. it is brand new. i figured if it was too big for me too use i could sell it. i will get the numbers off of it and post , maybe that will help-thanks again

ok heres what i found..
on the end of the cam are the numbers c229a-the best that i can see
on the shat there are some other markings.. 1308, L.5, cwc, c1, l, 20.
there are also some green and yellow paint marks, maybe inspection paint
does any of this help? i was just hoping to be sure exactly what it is-thanks

SPS said:
thanks for the replys- well i got the cam for $23.00!! there was no reserve. it is brand new. i figured if it was too big for me too use i could sell it. i will get the numbers off of it and post , maybe that will help-thanks again

That IS reason enuf--NEW any-cam for that price would work for me too! Good buy

I believe

I saw those spec's advertised about a month or so ago. Might contact mike at fullthrottle, he may be familiar w/it or lead you in the right direction. :cool: