Cam Sensor Rebuild

hbsky

I couldnt find this on the search but I know I have read or seen a rebuild for the cam sensor a few years back; does anyone know where I can get one? The pin on the rotating "window" broke off and I dont feel like spending the $200 for an entire sensor when all I need is a little tab.

TIA :)

When it comes to the actual rebuild, read a thread I made a few days back about how to properly rebuild it so it wont start knocking again. I explain how to properly shim it, get oil to the bushings, set the thrust clearance and make sure the shims are riding on the bushing and not the aluminum. Shimming it is only half the battle if you want it to last....this is assuming your sensor has other issues as well.

Thanks for the info; I knew I had seen them on somebody's page before. :) As for the entire rebuild, I hope it does not come to that, but I will take a look if needed. I think the only reason that the pin sheared off was due to the lack of threadlocker on that screw when I reinstalled the sensor after a cam swap.

I dont have any threadlocker on mine. It usually breaks from people not having it lined up right and the tab hits the shim. You tighten it down and it snaps off or at the least cracks, and then breaks later.

Could just be lack of a$$ on my part then; when I took it apart the screw had backed out enough that the pin was able to grind itself to nothing. I figure the threadlocker couldnt hurt this time around :cool: