You can type here any text you want

Camshaft selection for my 79 Century (help)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hafrod

Guys, my cam has a wiped lobe so I need to buy a cam. I'm not going to take it drag racing but would like it to have some pep if I get challenged at a stop light. Stock torque convertor, carb, and turbo. The only upgrades are 8445 heads, 1983 turbo Regal aluminum intake and turbo, 3.73 posi rear from SS Monte, and 2004R trans. I have some Summit bucks I want to use but selecting a turbo cam has me stumped. They offer a few for my 1979 model engine. Help me pick one. I hate to purchase the high dollar cam bearings from TA performance. I'd rather just buy stock replacements unless the TA Performance cam bearings are a must. I'd really rather have bottom end grunt

This is not quite the answer you are looking for but I went with a roller cam. Frees up some power and won't wipe a lobe on modern oils. I'd check and see whatever the SFI/IC cars are using and go with that.

That is the cam I'll get then. I wish I could afford a roller. I keep zinc additives here for my small block Chevy cars with flat tappet cams anyway

Back