can a 3rd gen camaro rear be modded to fit a malibu/g body

Sure it could, but there's really no reason to. They are weak as hell. Could be a 7.5" or 7.625" 10 bolt which was originally designed for the Vega/Monza chassis, or a 7.875" Borg Warner 9 bolt which is a PITA to get parts for. Camaro guys swap them out for 12 bolts for a good reason. :)

Rebuild an 8.5" 10 bolt, it will be much stronger and probably more cost effective in the end.

Good Luck,
Steve

i can get 9bolts and the parts and have rear disc with that thats why i asked:)

What are you going to do for the upper arm attachment points? The short story version,9-bolts aren't any stronger than a 8.5 and the axle tubes and shafts are longer. IMO a waste of time just for rear disc brakes.

Some of the second gen F bodies had rear disc brakes on an 8.5" ten bolt, and the width is pretty close, as I remember. But memory is not that great any more, so better check it.

I think the WS6-equipped Trans Ams had RW discs, but they also had leaf springs instead of coils, so the suspension mounting points are all wrong.

Steve

Why don't you cross reference the axle flange for the g-body against the 3rd and 4th gen f-body. If they're the same, take the backing plate and the rear disc setup.

I've been down the 7.5" 10 bolt and they're junk!!! The only good things are they're cheap (because nobody wants them) and they have disc brakes.

Later,

Steve.

Originally posted by RBE17
Why don't you cross reference the axle flange for the g-body against the 3rd and 4th gen f-body. If they're the same, take the backing plate and the rear disc setup.

I've been down the 7.5" 10 bolt and they're junk!!! The only good things are they're cheap (because nobody wants them) and they have disc brakes.

Later,

Steve.

i was looking at 9bolt versions only i can get them with 3.23 gears and disc for 250-350 range. and i can get new parts easy too

all my info is from f-bodies this is my first g body
i got tired of sore booty. lol