can anyone help me find this 72 LeMans part?

I never saw a molding like that. Only seen the Pontiac letters back there. Might try frankspontiacs.com or search for a guy named Kurt Kelsey in Iowa. I used to buy parts from those guys. Ames Performance Engineering is another source.

There are just enough holes to spell P O N T I A C which is what i believe my first car a 1972 LeMans had on it :)

there was definately not a "molding" piece that went all the way across....

so you are basically looking for small letters, i am thinking plasic, but its possible they were metal...

HTH

Originally posted by TylerDurden
There are just enough holes to spell P O N T I A C which is what i believe my first car a 1972 LeMans had on it :)

there was definately not a "molding" piece that went all the way across....

so you are basically looking for small letters, i am thinking plasic, but its possible they were metal...

HTH

Yes there was a " molding " piece, they were on luxury Lemans cars.

Ive got that piece. Its for sale too. It just comes with a 72 lemans sport too ;) Im selling my Lemans to pay for my Turbo T that I am picking up Wednesday. If you interested email me and I will send you some pictures.

-Justin

If I'm not mistaken you will also need the rear quarter trim. They mount under the lip of the rear quarter next to the trunk lid on both sides. I have them for sure and will check if i have the luxury lemans chrome trim. Do you know if your dads car came with the rear wheel skirts??

That was a Luxury LeMans only part. Few were made, thats why you are having a hard time finding. Did you look in those Pontiac magazines for parts guys and Hemmings?

the car does have side skirts and he does have them

i found out that the luxury lemans piece is particular to that model....it says pontiac in the middle and has trim going out of each side of it while the other lemans just have the word pontiac going across the entire trunk...

hes tried ames and year one and all the mail orders with no luck....im trying to find a used one b/c it seems impossible to find an NOS or re-popped one

thanks for your help so far guys

as a member of Pontiac-Oakland Club Int. i get their newsletter "Smoke Signals" which has an extensive classified section. i'll look through it for ya and see what i can find.