Can i get some help... having a bad day.

As you might of read my other thread, i bought what i thought was a decent T-Type off of eBay. It turned out to be a bit worse than i thought. Today i tore into it and replaced all of the vacuum and gas lines. I bought a rebuild kit for the turbo.

- While trying to replace the PCV grommet it was very hard and brittle and half fell into the intake. Do i need to remove the intake or can i leave it there? I cant see it even with a scope.

- I tried rebuilding the turbo but the bolts were so rusty they all snapped and the turbine wheel is bad. Anyone know where i can get a good used turbo for reasonable? If i were to upgrade now what do you recommend? I need something that will run stock now and that i can turn up later.

Thanks for any suggestions.

TA-33 is a good turbo for 84/85's. You will most likely need to fetch that broken piece of grommet out or you may regret it later. Not so bad now taking the manifold off if you already removed the turbo.

I think I might have one, ill let you know later today when I get out of work.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If I'm not mistaken it only has a couple miles on it so doesn't need rebuild.

Well I found the Turbo but unfortunately its frozen. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Limit Engineering will be your best bet for 84/85 turbo and parts. They also make the TA-33. 928-453-7321

I ordered from Gbodyparts, they have to get one made because there are none on the shelf. Will be nice to have a known good turbo though.