Can I whine for a bit?

70Nova355

There is such a lack of Turbo Buicks on the West Coast!!! The only one's I can find are either '84-'85 (don't want hot-air), or beat to hell (found a We-4, but Pat advised against it.... chopped together t-tops, etc... dumba$$ kid driver...)....
I haven't sold my Volvo yet
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...d&advanced=n&start_year=1983&color=&cardist=0
But when I do, I want to get into something fun, Fast, and American...

It looks like I'm going to have to go back to another Mustang. I found one that runs 109 mph trap speed for $4,000, and I'll probably be buying that when I sell my Volvo...... I'm out of options....

Okay, I'm done ranting and whining... makes me sad that I won't be able to get a decent T-type.... I had the opportunity to get one in Eugene a LONG time ago for $3500 that just needed a new headliner, but I passed.... my mistake..

Too bad its a stick

My wife is looking for a better car as the 84 240 volvo is taking a dump. You can find a Gn just hold out. There is a stock 86 that is beat up a bit but looks un moded. I was going to ask them if they wanted to sell. I live in battle ground wa.

Chris

Find out if they want to sell it and let him know please. He wants one bad. By the way, would now be a bad time to let you know that Jim Stirling (Stirling Buick) just bought a beautiful 87 GN with 38,000 original miles. Has to be one of the cleanest GN's I have seen. FYI your ad says selling price on the Volvo is $2000.

I would spend a bit more on a nicer car that is unmoded. I know when I pulled the mains on my motor they were spotless with no wear. YOU are going to have to drive to one. I am sure someone who is honest and know somone can find you one. The bigiest prob is you are in the nw which seems to have high gn buick following. Good luck. I will ask that guy if he want to sell the 86 and let you know. ONe other thing how much work do you want to do to the car, as in up keep .?

Chris

I know theres a couple for sale up here in Canada, just saw two in the buy and sell that we bought. An 86 (t-type i think) listed for $11,000 canadian, and an 87 gn, with no price and just said "good condition" in cobble hill on vancouver island.

I always seem to bump into people wanting to sell, too bad im broke and need to finish my 85 wh1.

Originally posted by lp2
I know theres a couple for sale up here in Canada, just saw two in the buy and sell that we bought. An 86 (t-type i think) listed for $11,000 canadian, and an 87 gn, with no price and just said "good condition" in cobble hill on vancouver island.

I always seem to bump into people wanting to sell, too bad im broke and need to finish my 85 wh1.

Can you send me the info on these cars? We have a coupe of guys in the club looking for cars. gnra@telus.net

Thanks,

Clayton

Thanks for the help guys. I actually have commited to a Mustang in Portland, but he is also leaving it on the market while I sell my Volvo (which, the ad has been fixed now- They put the price of the stereo as the price of car...)

DAMN Stirlings, too!!! They called me down there to say that they wanted to buy the Volvo, and when I got down there, they told me that I was GOING to trade it in on either a 4-door Accord, or a Pontiac Grand Am....grrrr.... I said I was only in the market for a Mustang, old Muscle car, or Turbo buick, and they told me that I didn't want those.....****ers.... Told me that the Grand am and a Contour were as fast as any of the cars I wanted..:rolleyes:

Appreciate the help! I'll check out all the links, and keep my eyes open..

Cobble Hill car

Originally posted by lp2

The Cobble Hill car is rust free, but my buddy described it as "if you took a basketball and bounced it off of every panel on the car" - I didn't take that as a good sign. The attraction was the spotless undercarriage. He passed and brought in a NICE car from Ontario, which should be here any day now.

There was the 86GN in the Buy-Sell that sounded too good to be true, but it's not in the latest issue. There's also a GN in Kelowna, but he's thinking $18 CDN for it - it was up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6137&item=2410153958&rd=1

If I had $100 for every card left under the wiper asking "wanna sell it?" I'd have enough for a new SS exhaust system!

A buddy of mine was just telling me about a GN with 20-30K miles in Longview, WA for $17,000. The price maybe high but it's a starting point.

Let me know if you need more info. It sounded like it was at a local dealer there.

FS

Originally posted by pat83t
By the way, would now be a bad time to let you know that Jim Stirling (Stirling Buick) just bought a beautiful 87 GN with 38,000 original miles. Has to be one of the cleanest GN's I have seen.

Actually Frank, that is this one. He owns the Buick dealership down here and he bought it for himself.

Nope, he is adding it to his collection of classics. Pretty car though.

I am trying to get him to come to TTIV with it.

Sent that reply, sorry I had finals at UVIC and have been kind of busy. Speaking of that, I keep seeing the nice grey 86-87 t-type in the parking lot, maybe when I graduate I can talk the prof into it.. :)

Saw this in today's Seattle Times, don't know anything about it, just sharing the info!

1987 Grand National -1 owner, 29k mi, stock, no mods. great condition. $17,500 206/762-4743

Chris

We'll there you have it! There GN's everywhere... If you want to pay for them. 17K seems steep, but you never know until you look.

FS

I have a decent one in Redmond that I'd let go to the right person. '87, ~78K miles, 3rd owner (original was an older gentleman who passed away and left it to his late-40's son). Interior's great, drivetrain is great - totally unmolested stock. Just freshened it up with cleaning, a decent audio system (stock speaker sizes/locations) and tons of new tune-up stuff. It runs very nicely.

The one downside is body and paint. It doesn't look terrible, and it's totally straight, but there is some standard rust around (doors, rear quarters). My intention was to fully restore it, but I'm into another car right now and it's just going to sit around for most of the summer.

I'm actually kind of torn about whether to sell it, because I love the cars so much, but I would let it go to the right buyer.

Here's the stuff I did so far:

• rebuilt Powermaster (took it off, cleaned it up, all new internals, accumulator, and pressure switch): works perfectly now
  • replaced valve cover gaskets - painted covers
  • took all air plumbing off and cleaned it all properly
  • changed all fluids - Mobil 1 synthetic in engine
  • plugs, wires, ignition pack
  • Kirban chrome breather (oil fill)
  • new breather driver's side
  • new heater switch / coolant lines
  • replaced belt, necessary hoses
  • new hood struts
  • Kirban PCV-check valve, new PCV
  • new TPS, IAC, boost solenoid
  • TPS-tec (only real mod :))
  • original GN wheels (had crappy chrome wheels on it when I got it): new tires
  • new stereo (JVC head unit, upgraded speakers in stock locations, trunk subwoofer and amp (all good gear, solid install, nothing hacked up))
  • replaced driver's fender and header panel (actually, the driver's fender is original (straight/rust free with scratched paint), and the header panel might as well be new (new paint, etc). not much of a story here: just me being a dumbass and creasing the original fender (which was a little rusty anyway :)) against a concrete post in a parking lot

Sitting in boxes in my garage right now, I have:

• 4 KYB gas shocks
  • Hooker cat back exhaust
  • Rear stay-down license plate
  • New trans filter, shift cable, and misc. trans service parts
  • New soft-compound rear brake shoes
  • GNX 02 sensor
  • Pinion snubber, magnetic drain plugs
  • Half a dozen other misc / extra parts

If you want a good platform to play or restore from, this is a great car to do it. I'm taking offers from folks who think they can give her a great home.

dataangel
Jason McCartney
jasond@theroot.org
425-985-5331

Most of those cars sound really really nice. Unfortunately, I can't pay any more than I get out of my Volvo, which looks to be about $7,000 or so now...

I'm going to keep my eyes open for the meantime. If I could take out a loan to buy a car (college student that makes $500/month, and that pays for food and gas basically),I would buy either an LS1 Camaro, or a really nice GN...but I can't afford payments until I'm out of school. When I do get out of school, however, it's on! I'm most definitely picking up a GN....

until then, I'll have to settle. If I could find one with no bad body damage (not worried about little dings,etc), bad paint, okay interior, and solid drivetrain for like $4,000, I'd love that......*gets down on knees and prays to God for a TR...*