can some one help.....

thenasty6

i have a 87gn, with a fast system. been down for a few months.drove perfect before but then, one day it was back firing, but only under 5lb boost. so i decided to change the coil and ignition mod. but couldnt get any of them to work besides the original set that was making the back fire. i went threw many sets all different brands. then come to find out my car will only run with acdelco. dont know why but thats all it wants.o_O
also found out that the jumper harness adapter from the fast system to the factory wiring of the car was pretty burnt and corroded. been in the car for six years. bought a new one and installed still the same problem.
i even tried different brands on my other 86GN and they all work but wont work on the 87GN with the fast system.
anyways after i got a acdelco ignition and coil. and the car started. but is now hesitating and back firing when i push the gas to just 2k rpm. i cant get near boost.
ive went threw alot the fast system is ready fine as much as i can see. and i check the 80lb injectors because the car has been sitting not long but just for a few months. and they are perfect.
can somebody give me some ideas? really missing my car....:(

Why was the car down for? What kind of repairs or upgrades did you do? This is where I would start. It was down for a reason so I would back track my steps. You will then find the problem. It is usually the simplest thing for the fix!

well it was down because it started back firing at me under boost. right before that happened id had been driving it all day no problems at all.

any ideas. ive checked alot of things. and it was running no problems then one day it back fired witch i was told was signs of bad ign mod and/or coil so i changed them. car only works for some reason with acdelco ignition mod. and its having trouble going above 2k rpm.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, sounds likeyou might be leaning out. Maybe vacuum leak?

Post the tune and a data log... The gurus may see something.
Have you verified all the ground connections?

will do, an yes i check the grounds. ill check again also and ill get the data logs later on.