can these blocks be bolted for RWD

alvareracing

do this motors have side provisions to be mounted straight like in a older Skylark rear wheel drive? Will the tranny bolt pattern accept a 200R4 or equavalent box? Any help would be great.

thanks

Wish I knew the guy or where it was posted, but there's a guy that had a Houston shop convert his GP to RWD using GN parts including the motor. :eek:

do this motors have side provisions to be mounted straight like in a older Skylark rear wheel drive? Will the tranny bolt pattern accept a 200R4 or equavalent box? Any help would be great.

thanks

from a series 1 the only thing that can be used in a series 2 motor is the thermostat. 4l60e, from a v6 firebird, 4cly 2.2 s10, will bolt up

mygm, let see if I understand this correct. Series 1 and 2 are totally different (except thermostat) but can either motors ser 1 or 2 be used as a rear wheel drive with a regular tranny (not fwd)?

ser 1 is the motor in the gn 200r4 bolts up, A ser 2 or 3 bolt up to the 4l60e is a rear wheel tranny the one that comes in 3.8L firbird, 2.2L S10, not the 4.3L S10

ser 1 is the motor in the gn 200r4 bolts up, A ser 2 or 3 bolt up to the 4l60e is a rear wheel tranny the one that comes in 3.8L firbird, 2.2L S10, not the 4.3L S10

Do you know if an adaptor plate exist to bolt up a 200-4R to the Series 2 3800 engine?
That would help a little with the swap, you would keep your current trans and not add the cost of a new one (trans) to the price tag.

No, the GN motor is not considered a series I. It it still called just the 3.8 Buick V6. The series I is the front drive 3800 engines from 91-95. The holes on the sides of the block were carried over from the I to the II so the engine mounts will bolt up from the series II 3800 Camaro, Firebird. The only problem with that is the accessory drive setup may present a challenge. The series I has a 1" taller deck height than the series II and as far as the supercharged versions go, the I uses the inner belt to drive the supercharger and the II uses the outer(1st belt in front) to drive the supercharger. Do you want to use an automatic or manual? For an auto you can use the 4L60E or the non electronic 700R4 from a V6 Camaro. The flywheel from a Series II can be used on the Series I, but will have to be rebalanced in order to use a manual tranny.