Can you ID this snake?

gordyzx9r

My wife opened our bedroom window, walked out for a few moments, and came back in to find this snake trapped between the screen.

She got the neighbors to come over and kill it.

Southeastern, lower, Alabama.

Any idea what it is? photo.jpg

Looks like a coral snake. Shouldn't have killed it.

800px-Red_black_coral_snake.jpg

Harmless to people..not to rodents though. Oh well.

EDIT: I could see it being a constrictor as welll though as the guy above said...picture would need to be closer..

Looks like a coral snake. Shouldn't have killed it.

800px-Red_black_coral_snake.jpg

Harmless to people..not to rodents though. Oh well.

EDIT: I could see it being a constrictor as welll though as the guy above said...picture would need to be closer..

The snake was grey with red spots, and around the spots were black rings. Sorry, I can't get a better pic.

I believe this to be a corn snake too.

Also, remember = "Red next to Yellow, your a dead fellow" = Deadly if not treated immediatly..........:eek:

"Red next to Black, the venom will lack" = It will hurt like hell, but you will survive....:) Like the picture above...

BTW - In my younger years, I was in Thailand during jungle training during Cobra Gold 95, I had a Cobra slither by me and my fellow Marines during a rest halt. Trust me, we didn't even take a breath... One of the Marines ended up killing it by smashing it's head in with an M-16A2. :cool:

RB

Sure looks like a milk snake. When I was a kid we would go down to the creek and catch snakes all day long. We caught 20-30 a day. Funniest one was when we found a hog nose snake and we thought it was dead because that is what they do so my cousin picked it up and the gig was up for the snake so it flipped out biting my cousin several times. It is hilarious thinking back on it now. Wasn't as funny then because we didn't know what it was and if it was poisonous or not. I think I an going to remind him about that this thanksgiving!

It's a damn snake that slithers on it's belly and bites. Who the hell cares whether it's poisoness or not. It's a damn snake and needs killing just like a career polotition.:eek::biggrin:

only good snake is a dead snake :biggrin: BUT a few years ago while working in the garage with the doors open and I am on the ground under a car. Out of the corner of my eye I see something moving. Scared the crap out of me !! HUGE "garden" snake casually slithering over to me. I hate snakes !! I picked up the snake with a HUGE snow shovel an put him back in the woods! 2 hours later he was back. :mad: So I am talking to him to get the hell out of my garage.. He just sits there lookin at me saying "whats the matter"? I hate snakes !! BUT I let him stay by the door. Stayed there for 30 minutes just looking around. hey a 12" snake is huge when ya hate them :p
Now down in Fl on vacation ...HOLY CRAP talk about some snakes !!! NO not the people .. well maybe some :biggrin: Bushes outside the window in the morning sun. Prob 4 or 5 snakes in there !! Watched them for 30 minutes goin in an out lookin for lizards. I tried to talk to them but they didn't listen. I didn't go outside from that door :eek::p

I think he figured if he watched you long enough he would learn all your secrets. :p

I don't know what kind it is, I do know it would be a dead snake if it was in my window!! My wife would make me do it!!:biggrin: