Cant believe this...

All driveline blasphemy aside, isn't either side of the doghouse a pretty dumb place to gather your incoming air?

All driveline blasphemy aside, isn't either side of the doghouse a pretty dumb place to gather your incoming air?

thats my thoughts too.they should have just put on some "shorty" filters directly on the turbos.

I don't really see a problem with it. It doesn't appear they hacked it up to point where it could not be put back to stock and I think cars should be driven and enjoyed instead of stored. My neighbor had a 98 mile 78 Indy 500 Pace car Corvette that he sold at Barret-Jackson last year. He bought it new and he told me he only(!) had to pay $6000 over sticker for it new because he knew someone at the dealership.(apparently they were selling for more at the time) I think he said he gave $19k for it new. It sold for $39K. If you figure the inflation, storage costs, and insurance let alone what the same $19k could have done if properly invested in 1978 he definatley did not make out on this deal. I think that saddest part is the car sat covered in a garage its entire life and was never driven other than the drive home from the dealer. At least if he had driven and enjoyed it he would have gotten that from the deal.

his car so why do you care ??? I think it's great he DROVE it ... IT's A DAMM CAR !!!! :eek: ok you can get mad at me now to after looking in the back yard :p

Attachments

• gnfarm.JPG
    gnfarm.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 738
i like it. he just needs to put the filters straight on the turbos and put the gnx rear back in it

his car so why do you care ??? I think it's great he DROVE it ... IT's A DAMM CAR !!!! :eek: ok you can get mad at me now to after looking in the back yard :p

I agree, cars are meant to be driven. Last year I drove the WE4 on the Power Tour and between Memphis and Little Rock I got in a group with a 440 six pack Road Runner and a Hemi Superbird that were flying thru the back roads. The Superbird was worth well into the 6 figure range and it was awesome to see it with bugs splattered all over the front actually being used as a car instead of being stored away!

I like your back yard !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous!

I dunno, I guess I was a day late and a dollar short starting this thread. I just think it is retarded to tear apart a rare car. I mean, most of the allure of the Turbo Regal, IMO, is that it is/was a 6 cylinder with big block power. To tear it apart and put that motor in it seems dumb. Most of the recipe cars owned by folks using this forum could probably school this car/owner at the local 1320, so what was the point? :confused: Seems like he just threw away alot of money and tainted a modern day supercar (hinting at Yenko) But, Grumpy is right, its his car, his cash, so whatever. Good luck getting 75K out of it though. ;)

Turbotype.... I was around in the "muscle car" era... you would not believe what NEW cars went threw !!!! :eek: to us it was a fun thing to do ... maybe not smart BUT fun :p ummmm in the early 90s I hallucinated about a V6 Buick Turbo in an old Shelby :eek:

Attachments

• williemonster.jpg
    williemonster.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 608
I can only imagine!! And a V6 Buick Turbo in an old Shelby still sounds pretty sweet. I can see what your getting at though.

well i plan on picking this car up next weekend. I think it is cool that it is like that. it goes mid 8's. but I might put it back to stock and put that drive train in my 7000 mile gn or buy another gn to put it in.

well i plan on picking this car up next weekend. I think it is cool that it is like that. it goes mid 8's. but I might put it back to stock and put that drive train in my 7000 mile gn or buy another gn to put it in.

You may want to let him know cause it has been relisted with 3 days left.

Had the same initial reaction when I saw this listing on eBay. After reading the opinions of others on this thread I can respect what everyone is saying. Guess at the end of the day it's all about personal taste. Get ready for Barrett-Jackson next week--it's great to see the variety and diversity from originals to tricked out customs. The only cars I really have a problem with are clones, recreations and "tribute" cars. Even if they're honestly represented for what they are they're just one thing to me--posers.

I think that car is kickass...

Face is guys, it's a car. Not meant to be worshiped. I bet if you raced that car in a v6 gnX you wouldn't think he was such an idiot...

I bought that car yesterday, It is wicked fast and it was a great deal. I could not build the engine for what i paid for the car, and to top it off it is a real gnx. It has a ford nine inch that has all coustom third link and panhard bars like the gnx rear end. the only part I did not like about the car was the paint, so it is going in to get blasted next week and will get a mirror finsh paint job. I will maybe go to bowling green with it and with my wife's gn it was the black and blue gn that was the centerfold in gm high tech in march of 06.

I bought that car yesterday, It is wicked fast and it was a great deal. I could not build the engine for what i paid for the car, and to top it off it is a real gnx. It has a ford nine inch that has all coustom third link and panhard bars like the gnx rear end. the only part I did not like about the car was the paint, so it is going in to get blasted next week and will get a mirror finsh paint job. I will maybe go to bowling green with it and with my wife's gn it was the black and blue gn that was the centerfold in gm high tech in march of 06.

Nice, are you in Chicago? I would love to see this car in person. I think I would have to put it back to stock too. You could prolly get your money back and all that drivtrain will be free. :wink: