car almost stolen

haha

the car being messed up is sad but renthorin your funny no disrespect intender its early

Originally posted by kshef
what if they just tow your car?

That is how the professionals do it any more. They don't bother trying to break in and steal it as they know there is to many anti theft devices people add on any more. That way they can disarm the car in a nice warm chop shop where no one can see or hear them.

When I was repo'in cars people would not figure out what happend and they would report it stolen everytime. In all the years I did that only one time a person's car we repo'd showed up on the door step of the yard because he had some type of tracking device in the car that led him to our yard! :)

It just comes down to the more things you do the more likely your car will be there. Without getting into details I have a very good alarm system with a 2 hour battery back up, I have 4 kill switches located all over the place. Inside the car outside the car and they cover fuel, spark, Ign. On top of the big red collar lock. Another cheap investment is a tire chock. I have one under my tire on the side of the car you can't see. So even if they tryed to tow it they are gonna have to rev the hell out of the engine on the tow truck to get it over that thing. It's a huge one for big rigs.

I know one thing from living in the city over the years and owning many GM cars that were high on the stolen car list.. if you don't have anything.. everytime you leave the car.. you might as well think it most likely will no be there when you come back! Let's just say I've watched people steal GM cars in seconds with no security devices on them. So yea.. spend the 2 dollars for a kill switch to at least the Ign. and your car should be there when you leave it in a lot! :cool:

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
You just have to be creative where you have it parked, or stored.

Keep in mind.. someone who is good, that don't matter. I've taken cars when I was repo'in them from places that people to this day still wonder how I got it out of there :)

I had one guy who begged the bank to talk to me.. he just wanted to tell me how amazed he was I got his car where it was parked. He too was VERY creative where he parked it and had it stored :) See some people.. when they know the repo man is commin they try to hide or burry the car in somewhere.. never stopped me :) I like a challenge :D

Probably a PITA to use, but have any of you considered using a "wheel lock", like parking enforcement officers use? It's really obvious, and the steel is so thick you'd need a cutting torch or gas-powered demo saw to remove it.

exmpl,
http://www.mitico.com/rhino_h1_.htm

Might require some modification or cushioning to prevent wheel scratching.

I thought about one of those as well. Would work great if you can park where a tow truck can't nab you. Pull in the driveway and put that on the front tire! :)

Anybody got instructions on how to wire a kill switch?Which is the fuel pump realy?Thanks!!!

Re: Anti-theft

Originally posted by turbopete
Along with the red Steadfast collar, I have a chip with anti-theft built in. The car will only start... Very stealthy.

Not trying to be rude, but that "****" was stealthy 15 years ago, and you JUST gave the passcode how to make it work-

lets just hope the collar works OK
BW

Sorry to hear about your trouble, Jason.

You didn't mention an alarm? Do you have one?

starter kill.
Ignition kill.
fuel pump kill.

DEI also sells a GPS type tracking system similar to lojack (which uses RF).
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/gps.asp

phillyturbosix, what is up with those little "wheel dollys" that that use now? It is some little square thing with four wheels on it that they use under each wheel so that they can move your car to tow it. Is there any way around that?

Re: Anti-theft

Originally posted by turbopete
Along with the red Steadfast collar, I have a chip with anti-theft built in. The car will only start after...

:rolleyes:
Like Bryan said, not to be rude..but can a moderator please edit out the rest of this message?

if a theif wants it bad enough ,they will get it...
Just make sure you have all reciepts for modds and all documents ..My white T was stolen,I miss that car:( but was much happier when they handed me a check for $15,875,paid about $8500 for the car...
So Glad I didnt waste $699 on a fancy GPS system,otherwise I may have my car back all beat up...

If they want your car they will take it one way or another. The best thing you could have is an organic source. Something on the line of a nice rott, dobie, or ridgeback. When it comes to crooks, size does matter; the bigger the dog, the less likely you have of theft. Funny how criminals have such a fear of big dogs most times.

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
Like someone else said prior, install some kill switches. Your steering column would still have been mangled, but the thief would have been scratching his head trying to figure out why it won't start...for a few minutes anyways before they get fed up and run off.

I have a column guard lock from Steadfast. I had it painted to match the interior of the GN...but they didn't get it right, it's too light. I need to get it redone, but I'm having second thoughts about putting it on since I've heard some people mention that it interferes with the tilt and so forth.

Anyone else have a recommendation for a collar guard that both works and won't interfere with anything?

I've got one of those steadfast pieces on my 87. It's a real piece of crapola, and I certainly learned my lesson. They don't fit well at all, interfere with tilt, and that incredibly "cheesy" little thing that replaces the ign. key point, can easilly be popped with a screw driver.
I'm really sorry I wasted my money and time with it. I use the big meaty red one's on the others. The one with the round key lock, and anti theft in the chip.
But thanks to turbopete, that secret's out. (can you say moron).

I have edited the post out of the request of the members, if I missed something please PM me and I will fix it. ;)

I've always wanted to figure out a way to wire some C4 to an alarm on my car...if I can't have it, then nobody can and hopefully I'll incinerate a thief :mad:

Apology

I did not mean to reveal any trade secrets in my post on the chip anti-theft. The post has been removed. Please accept my apology.

Originally posted by TurboDave
I've got one of those steadfast pieces on my 87. It's a real piece of crapola, and I certainly learned my lesson. They don't fit well at all, interfere with tilt, and that incredibly "cheesy" little thing that replaces the ign. key point, can easilly be popped with a screw driver.

Your probably the third or fourth person that has said that, when I got looking at it I was real weary of it and started having doubts. I think I'll chock it off as a loss and not install it. So what column guard do you recommend again?

Originally posted by SyHopeful
I've always wanted to figure out a way to wire some C4 to an alarm on my car...if I can't have it, then nobody can and hopefully I'll incinerate a thief :mad:

'Mad' Max Rockatansky had a nice setup.