Car Class??

blackharley01

Hi I am in the process of building a 1987 grand national. i have taken the body off of the frame, cut the trunk and wheel housings out, cut the firewall to set the motor back, and started setting up for ladder bar suspension. to start out with we are going to run a naturally asp sb 377 dyno @ 750hp on pump gas with a 400 trans brake and a 9in rear. the rear tire is 33/14-15 mt. later we have hopes of doing a twin turbo 427 ls2, but for right now im trying to keep cost down by using some of the stuff i have here. i am thinking we should be in the mid to high 9's to start out with, and hopefully end up in a high 7 low 8 range later on. one of my friends races on a 10.5 tire running 7's and told me i better pick a class before i build the car.

so my question is where do i go from here, and is a 25.2 cage going to be good for what i am trying to do? what kind of class should i be building to? this is going to be more of a weekend fun thing than full out competition for us. lebanon valley. englishtown, or atco will be the places in our area to race.

thanks, dave

You will probably get more response if you post this in the "Turbo V8 Conversion" forum.:)