Car dosent pull great till hits 2ng gear?????

Brasco

Sounds stupid but it does excatly that, I had a issue with the converter being to tight to spool my 6776 to build boost to launch the car. Now that i had the converter restalled the car builds boost great but after i get off the breaks first feels real flat till 2nd gear then pulls really good. Any ideas Im going to check to see if its fat in first and maybe pull some fuel out and maybe add some timing in 1st. Just wanted to hear some of your ideas before i start making changes. Im kinda pissing in the wind right now cause the car has two chips one alky and one race. I dont have the alky kit in the car at the moment because lack of funds, so i use the race chip and throw pump in it and try to keep the boost down. But if it is a rich condition it will only be worse with the c16 or alky soooo. Dont no.

Thanks Brasco.

If you have a race chip burned for xx amount of boost then the fuel map is tailored to supply fuel for that range of airflow. Turn the boost down too much and the computer may not be able to pull enough fuel to keep the ratio right for the lower airflow making it run rich. That can cause loss of power, slow spool, etc. Get some good gas to support the octane requirements of the chip and put the boost in the range it was writtten for and see if the problem is still there. Or, I would think the alky chip would have a more conservative fuel table since most count on alky as the additional fuel to help cover the higher airflow. The car may run better with that chip without the alky if you keep the boost down. Either way, if you don't have a scan tool to monitor your car, get one so you will know exactly what your computer sees and then you won't have to guess what is wrong.

Point taken, it did like the alky chip better cause of the way the chip was programed getting additional fuel from the alky kit. I was going to order a pump gas tune from Eric just to see if the car was on point but i dont think i can get my car to run that low of boost for a pump gas tune and yea i gotta order a scanmaster for some additional help. Makes sense with the tune being off. Ill try it.

The problem im thinking is if i put c16 in the car its only going to fatten it up, so in first gear if i have a fat condition already on pump gas whats going to change with the race gas? It burns so slow and has so much octane it will only hurt it. With the boost levels at the correct setting.

Thanks for the info let me no your thoughts, Donny

The higher octane will slow the burn ever so slightly but it will not make it richer because physically there will not be anymore fuel than you already have. With the higher octane you can turn the boost up which will lean the car out because you will be pushing more air into the cylinders. Plus with the race chip in it you may have too much timing for the gas you are running. Any knock will pull timing and hurt your acceleration. What boost are you running now?

If i was running 25 plus pounds of boost in first gear id say that makes sense to lean it out, and after i put the c16 in the car last night it ran fat as a pig on the low end(In the ten to one ratio). Up stairs on the wideband it started to lean out ok but still not great. I also had to take a bunch of fuel out of the regulator which i wasnt to comfortable doing to try to lean it out (39psi vac off) some. After i drove the car for a bit last night i was running low on c16 so i went back home to put the pump gas in and u could feel the car run better, but not 100% So what im coming up with is my tune is off. :confused: I guess im going to have to get on a dyno and try to have a someone make me a custom chip?????? or at least try to put it on a dyno and maybe hook up a scan tool to it and take fuel out of first gear and maybe add some timing if needed.

Donny

I'd be looking at the chip to see if some ignition retard is taking place in 1st, it seems to me that years ago some chips went "limp dick" on timing when floored from a stop, I think it was done to "allow" for some ridiculus boost numbers in first, I drove a few "special chips" in customers cars back then, as I recall they were sluggish at WOT, but actually pulled harder at 3/4 throttle from a stop, but fueling and ignition was good in 2nd on up. That's my best guess.

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, Ill see what i can find out on that. Thats what it feels like its either real fat or timing is way retarted. Im trying to purchase a scan tool now so i can adjust the tt chip. I figured taking a bunch of fuel out and adding timing should assist in the car waking up. Im kinda thinking the chip shouldnt be in "limp dick" lol mode cause i just had Eric make some fuel adjustment on them but hey u never no...... F@*king "Limp Dick" problems

Thanks Donny