Car not running right please help....

Quigs

Trained monkey
First let me tell you what I have done to the car. I rebuilt the engine and put in the poston 107t cam w/high rev lifters and springs, chrome moly push rods. I did a three angle valve job on the heads and ported them. I also installed a 160 degree t stat and the ultra chip with 7 settings and a hooker 2 1/2in. exhaust.

I was driving the car nicely for break in. The car was acting great, it would build boost fast even at about a 1/4 throtle and spin the tires shifting into 2nd. But when I hit 800 miles and decided to get on it for the first time it hit 15psi then dropped to 8psi and retarted the timing 1.7 degrees. I set the chip at the fourth setting and hit 17psi but then dropped to 11psi and the trans. would not shift into 3rd until I backed off the gas. And all this time my knock gage didn't move. I have no idea whats wrong. At 1/2 throtle the car pulled 11-12psi when I put the stock chip back in but when I push it passed 1/2 it runs like crap.

ok does the car idle good? did you take the trans tv cable off ? fuel pressure at w.o.t ? did you set your cam sensor ? tell me about your set up!

Yes my car idles great. and I used the cam sensor tool to make sure I set the sensor right. And no I didn't take the TV cable off. But I don't know what the fuel pressure is at WOT.

:eek: :mad: the problem was the chip the ultra chip with 7 settings. because I have a pit bull chip in it now and now I can't floor it because I hit 25psi and it started to knock. Guess it's time for a blow off valve or something :rolleyes: .

On a side note DON'T order this stuff through poston because they're telling me it couldn't be the chip and every time I call I am put on hold for at least ten min. and they just pass me around in a big loop of people. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope you're running alky or race fuel if you're hitting 25psi....A BOV is just to vent pressure when shifting (manual trannys) or when letting off the accelerator quickly. I'd suggest a boost controller from RJC....