Carlsbad, June 19th

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
Well, it started as a 'What if?' discussion and turned into a date. On June 19th, 11am, we have a modest group meeting at Carlsbad to hang out and run 'em. Any and all available should swing by and say 'Hi' as there will be a modest group of TRs there......'how many' seems to keep fluctuating. Post here and announce your planned attendance or just show up. See ya there.

Originally posted by Raymond Bunch
You can count me in still:) As long as I don't go back to iraq:p JK....I'll be there:cool:
Rock on....tell your friends.:D

I will, I will:)

Hey I was reading your thread on t6p, your wife's new car is nice, cool dogs too man!

I think this weekend I'll take my wife and go check out the Subrues....Did I spell that right? Anyway, I might just trade my Surburban in for one, my wifes complaining about the gas milage a lot lately and I'm tired of spending $60 a week to fill it up. And her Lincoln doesn't help matters out any, so this is a good alternative.

I will, I will:)

Hey I was reading your thread on t6p, your wife's new car is nice, cool dogs too man!

I think this weekend I'll take my wife and go check out the Subrues....Did I spell that right? Anyway, I might just trade my Surburban in for one, my wifes complaining about the gas milage a lot lately and I'm tired of spending $60 a week to fill it up. And her Lincoln doesn't help matters out any, so this is a good alternative.
First off, those dogs are the most unruly little turds ever birthed......:D

....and as far as the Subarus go, as I mentioned in that thread, when she said she was looking into a Scooby I was not real happy. Go check out the 2.5 XT turbo model, take it for a test drive and don't be afraid to stick your foot in it. It's got 210 hp and 235 lb ft tq, which isn't some kind of beast exactly, but you'll see that with the all wheel drive, it's pretty fun for a daily driver/grocery getter.......good mileage, too. She got the XT with the 6-disc changer, black interior (the only one available with this turbo package :cool: )...basically loaded--the best deal we got offered was in Denver, so we drove up there to pick it up and take a little Memorial Day vaction. End price.......$24,500. Not too shabby.

Can't wait 'till Carlsbad!! (The shop that is rebuilding my car is not quite done yet...I'm told late next week.......man, talk about cutting it close to the wire.)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
First off, those dogs are the most unruly little turds ever birthed......:D

....and as far as the Subarus go, as I mentioned in that thread, when she said she was looking into a Scooby I was not real happy. Go check out the 2.5 XT turbo model, take it for a test drive and don't be afraid to stick your foot in it. It's got 210 hp and 235 lb ft tq, which isn't some kind of beast exactly, but you'll see that with the all wheel drive, it's pretty fun for a daily driver/grocery getter.......good mileage, too. She got the XT with the 6-disc changer, black interior (the only one available with this turbo package :cool: )...basically loaded--the best deal we got offered was in Denver, so we drove up there to pick it up and take a little Memorial Day vaction. End price.......$24,500. Not too shabby.

Can't wait 'till Carlsbad!! (The shop that is rebuilding my car is not quite done yet...I'm told late next week.......man, talk about cutting it close to the wire.)

Well talked with the wife last night and were going to go look at'em on Saturday. She also had her eye on the BMW's, so I guess we will be stopping by that dealership too. Women!

HA HA! Your quote about your dogs are funny as hell!

I'm currently in escrow and soon as I move in to my house I plan on getting a dog for the kids, this is something that I have wanted for quite some time, it make a family more complete in some ways...I guess....Ahhhh mans best friend ;)

Hey, also put the pressure on the shop to get your car completed, you need to start tuning it before you get here, looking forward to meeting you:cool:

Well talked with the wife last night and were going to go look at'em on Saturday. She also had her eye on the BMW's, so I guess we will be stopping by that dealership too. Women!

HA HA! Your quote about your dogs are funny as hell!

I'm currently in escrow and soon as I move in to my house I plan on getting a dog for the kids, this is something that I have wanted for quite some time, it make a family more complete in some ways...I guess....Ahhhh mans best friend ;)

Hey, also put the pressure on the shop to get your car completed, you need to start tuning it before you get here, looking forward to meeting you:cool:
Good luck car shopping, it's always fun. I hope you end up with something you like. Believe me, I'm leaning on this guy to hurry with the damn Buick....it looks like I'm gonna have only a couple of days to break 'er in and get the A/C fixed before hitting the road for CA. I'll probably need some other Buick guys' help with the tuning on the day of the races. Nothing but stress. Also, I'm reding up as much as I can because I've never made a pass at a dragstrip in my life.....EVER.

Holy Crap No Passes

Not to worry bro, we will point you in the right direction with everything you need to know about racing. Although, I know you pretty well already and you probably already did your home work. Anyway, it will be fun and that's what it's all about :)

As far as car shopping this Sat, I hate it already, it's like shopping for clothes, food ect. Too many choices! And shopping for a house, I really hated house shopping, took for ever and just got word today that we are closing escrow in 2-3 weeks:)

Man I need a beer.......:cool:

Cali or NM?

In reading these posts it occurs to me that dceptcn may be talking about Carlsbad Raceway in Carlsbad NM. I know that Ray is thinking Carlsbad on the California coast. I am planning on taking my car back to Carlsbad CA this month to celebrate 150,000 trouble-free miles! Try to improve on those slow times in my sig...

Re: Cali or NM?

Originally posted by Ken Cunningham
In reading these posts it occurs to me that dceptcn may be talking about Carlsbad Raceway in Carlsbad NM. I know that Ray is thinking Carlsbad on the California coast. I am planning on taking my car back to Carlsbad CA this month to celebrate 150,000 trouble-free miles! Try to improve on those slow times in my sig...
Haha, when my brother, who was then living in Carlsbad, CA., came out here for my wedding, he and I were talking for about ten minutes before we realized that we were thinking of two different Carlsbads. No, this is definitely going down at Carlsbad, CALIFORNIA (I don't even know if they have a dragstrip in Carlsbad, NM) so never fear. So Ken, we'd love to see ya there on the 19th.

OK...now I'm definitely planning on it. Don't have too much to do to run in street trim: just round up some 116 octane, pull out the cat and put my straight pipe in, put in the strip chip and turn up the boost!! Should be able to get that all done on Sat. in the am before heading out to the strip.

Oh, and I better get another O2 sensor, 'cause I'm planning on toasting that one that's in there now. :)

OK...now I'm definitely planning on it. Don't have too much to do to run in street trim: just round up some 116 octane, pull out the cat and put my straight pipe in, put in the strip chip and turn up the boost!! Should be able to get that all done on Sat. in the am before heading out to the strip.

Oh, and I better get another O2 sensor, 'cause I'm planning on toasting that one that's in there now. :)
You bring up a good point....where will I be able to get 'good gas' around there before the races? I'll be staying in Oceanside.....where's the nearest place?

Smokeys Speed Shop: 1602 S. Coast Hwy in Oceanside usually has a good selection of 5 gal. cans of leaded and unleaded fuels in different flavors.

Smokeys Speed Shop: 1602 S. Coast Hwy in Oceanside usually has a good selection of 5 gal. cans of leaded and unleaded fuels in different flavors.
**Prints and stuffs in glove box**

Is this still a go? I'm ready to run!!

According to the info line (760/727-1171): Saturday grudge drags gates open at 11:00; racing from 12:00 until 4-5:00. $15/per person admission + $10 per car to race; long pants and helmet required to race.

Also: Sunday is their Outlaw Brackets, but they also will keep a lane open for "kicks". They explain that this is for people who want to run their cars without entering the brackets.

I got a new 'Grainger"-type valve to try to dial in this weekend. I'm using now a simpler air valve just to turn *down* the boost for street use with our lousy 91 oxygenated fuel. The new valve is the spring-ball type to build boost a little faster.

Is this still a go? I'm ready to run!!

According to the info line (760/727-1171): Saturday grudge drags gates open at 11:00; racing from 12:00 until 4-5:00. $15/per person admission + $10 per car to race; long pants and helmet required to race.

Also: Sunday is their Outlaw Brackets, but they also will keep a lane open for "kicks". They explain that this is for people who want to run their cars without entering the brackets.

I got a new 'Grainger"-type valve to try to dial in this weekend. I'm using now a simpler air valve just to turn *down* the boost for street use with our lousy 91 oxygenated fuel. The new valve is the spring-ball type to build boost a little faster.

Hi Ken

Yes it's still a go. Most of the fellas that are going are posting on www.T6P.com if you want to catch up on what's going on. See you there. There is about 6 far as I know that will be there for sure, well see.

Ray

Thanks again, Ray for swinging by and helping out. Also, this is likely little more than the last futile attempt of a beaten man, but- if anyone knows of a parts goldmine (or shop with access to said goldmine) in the So-Cal area, let me know. I, apparently, spent a small fortune and towed the Buick here from Albuquerque only for it to sit in the parking lot at this motel for the weekend without moving.

DCEPTCN:
Oh-oh, what happened? If you had your car towed from Albuquerque to Oceanside, you are a much better sport than I could have ever be. Are you going to be out at the track but without the car?

I just threw it on the trailer in NM and came out.....only for the shifter cable and brake booster to chit the bed on me. I'm really irritated. I'm still gonna go the track tomorrow to see everybody else run, though.

Directions to Carlsbad Drags;
Ok, I am coming from Long Beach going south on the 5 to:..................and turn (right)(left) at................