CAS Intercooler

jdodman

Pedal Masher !!!
Just had my CAS repaired for a hairline crack in the inlet tube.
As a result of the weld, the powdercoating DeQuick puts on his IC melted away. Does anyone know if you can "spot powder" coat the small location, or should I just spray paint with high temp engine black ?? I know nothing about powder coating..
Thanks,
Joe
:confused:

VHT is a very old top-notch brand of header paint & engine paint...their initials stand for Very High Temperature.

Any speed shop or enthusiast-centered automotive specialty shop should carry VHT products.

HTH :)

powdercoating

Yes you can touch up powdercoat, but it will leave a haze where the powder blends, I reccomend the above PAINT! You will have better results... and its $4 a can instead of $40 to recoat.

<KM> @MPE

To all,
As always, Thanks for the input. I will pick up a can this weekend and do some test shots. Paint looked more like a flat black on their web site, but I know that could be my monitor.

Also - As a boater, I remember MerCruiser (Boat) puts out a semigloss black, high temp - engine paint that might allign with the current black that is on the IC. I have used this in the past and it is great paint that is unaffected by heat. It is $10.00 a can so I will also look at that.

Keith - Do you powder coat the IC you manufacture ??

Thanks,

Joe