Cat Convertor

cuzimoto

Califonia smogg due. Original convertor was falling to pieces so i holowed it out. Those cats are kind of odd balls. Where can I get a bolt in.

With my old cat UNLESS i bought a Dynomax (walker) universal hi flow. I believe they can handle 460ci engines so i bought it. I cut the flange going to downpipe off the old one and had it welded on the new cat. I used the TEST pipe that came with the hooker exhaust kit and had them cut the flange and weld it to the new cat. Now its a bolt on bolt off unit. Cost was 65 for the cat (summit) 100 to put on the exhaust system. So i would think 20-35 for welding depends. I do plan on getting a new cat SINCE MY TURBO BLEW a seal!!!!!oil im sure clogged my cat a bit(sucks it was new 2)HATE TO RIP THREAD but so does that mean all my exhaust system has a bit of oil?? or did my cat take one for the team??:confused: I also plan on getting a electric exhaust cutout with cat SOME HOW!:biggrin: no to use all the time but every now and then:cool:

With my old cat UNLESS i bought a Dynomax (walker) universal hi flow. I believe they can handle 460ci engines so i bought it. I cut the flange going to downpipe off the old one and had it welded on the new cat. I used the TEST pipe that came with the hooker exhaust kit and had them cut the flange and weld it to the new cat. Now its a bolt on bolt off unit. Cost was 65 for the cat (summit) 100 to put on the exhaust system. So i would think 20-35 for welding depends. I do plan on getting a new cat SINCE MY TURBO BLEW a seal!!!!!oil im sure clogged my cat a bit(sucks it was new 2)HATE TO RIP THREAD but so does that mean all my exhaust system has a bit of oil?? or did my cat take one for the team??:confused: I also plan on getting a electric exhaust cutout with cat SOME HOW!:biggrin: no to use all the time but every now and then:cool:

Your CAT may have bit the dust. I had the same problem and the symtom is lack of boost. Make sure you put a bottle of Chevron Techron engine cleaner is your gas tank. You may get carbon on your pistons which causes knock. Good-luck- Brad

YES i know it sucks:( , cat had less then 2 oil changes on it:mad: But i guess i can hollow it out or just replace the cat repeat the process. Sad what a waste but I like having the cat on there n its nice. I still felt alot of power, if i really RACED this thing then maybe yeah but I did hear some high HP,low ET guys still have a factory cat some kinda cat. Its frosty outside and im putting back the turbo n all the parts. I love driving in cold weather HOTAIRS ROCK! haha Good idea about the TEChRON, I always use Lucas and when i meet up with friends i use lucas octane booster :biggrin: EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT!!!!!