Cat or No Cat???

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Would I get more power with or without a catlyic converter??? my car is too old for emissions in my state:biggrin:

If it's not illegal to remove the catylic coverter in your state, regardless if you have to pass emissions or not. I'd get rid of it then. The engine will breathe and run better without it.

If your car still has a functioning cat I'd be suprised. Most of them this old have been gutted or burned out. Take the pipe off of it and see if it's still intact before you decide to gut it or remove it. You will have a free-er flowing exhaust which will help with the power level for sure but there are other issues to consider as well.

No work

well as it is NO SHOP (or Buckys) will touch my exhaust system because they say it needs catlyic converters and maybe an o2 sensor UNLESS they install converters or swap out the entire exhaust system:mad: but sense my car doesnt need emissions testing... it seems like a problem I may have to do myself in the future with the pypes system or flowmasters system.

If you decide to replace the exhaust get the PYPES system. Stainless will hold up much better where you are. If you've got the E-brock carb then you've got an issue because the stock uses a feed back carb and the E-brock isn't one of them. I sent you an email so we can maybe figure out what you need to do with the car.

You should be able to unbolt the convertor from the downpipe to see how restrictive your exhuast system is. But don't confuse loud noise for horsepower.

I'm guessing that you had a ricer car at one time?:biggrin: LOL Fart cans make it sound sooooo fast after all.:tongue::rolleyes:

Charlie how dare you:tongue:... hell no...I hate hondas... and this is my first car man:), thats why Im on here trying to learn more about it.. although my car is loud enough!!!

Charlie how dare you:tongue:... hell no...I hate hondas... and this is my first car man:), thats why Im on here trying to learn more about it.. although my car is loud enough!!!

LOL Romone, I just figured that since you like the low rider cars you'd drool over a Honda.:biggrin::tongue: LOL GOTCHA!!!

LOL Romone, I just figured that since you like the low rider cars you'd drool over a Honda.:biggrin::tongue: LOL GOTCHA!!!

respect... respect man...LOL you got jokes:biggrin: you should be on Def Jam or Comedy Central. I dont want to drive a piece of sh*t one point nothin POS (unless it gets REALLY good gas mileage) power of the six fo life:biggrin: I love lowriders and am currently trying to get an intership at a local custom shop that does that work. I want to do everything related to custom cars, exept stereos. In the future I was thinking of building a lowrider out of a turbo corvair spyder, a cadillac eldorado FF, or a 59 impala, or 49-57 cadillac. ;)

respect... respect man...LOL you got jokes:biggrin: you should be on Def Jam or Comedy Central. I dont want to drive a piece of sh*t one point nothin POS (unless it gets REALLY good gas mileage) power of the six fo life:biggrin: I love lowriders and am currently trying to get an intership at a local custom shop that does that work. I want to do everything related to custom cars, exept stereos. In the future I was thinking of building a lowrider out of a turbo corvair spyder, a cadillac eldorado FF, or a 59 impala, or 49-57 cadillac. ;)

Just remeber that if you hack up a classic you've ruined the investment.:eek: It may look cool but if no one wants it then you're screwed in the end.:eek: Ask me how I know.:biggrin:

Just remeber that if you hack up a classic you've ruined the investment.:eek: It may look cool but if no one wants it then you're screwed in the end.:eek: Ask me how I know.:biggrin:

Okay Ill ask... how do you know:confused: when it came to a lowrider project I would use a classic car nobody wants or that there are thousands of... a corvair happened to be one, a cadillac another, and a cheap 800 limo I found:biggrin:

I once saw a covair done into a Gasser with a 427 chevy under the hood.

now that would be a good use of a corvair!

A.j.

I've always wanted to get a 80-81 2 door caddy and put a built 501 in it or a turbo six and an air bag suspension:cool:

The Caddy limo idea would be cool. I'm not a big fan of lowriders but I think it would be fun at the very least.