CAT or Scat and wide journal ?

unboostedV6

From what I understand, these new cranks are all ground for narrow rods? Are wide journal versions available or is it possible (especially if a regrind is necessary anyway) to regrind them to wide specs? My builds typically don't need a $1500-$2500 billet piece... GB

I Dont Know About Regrinding The Crank For Wide Journal.
I Have A Good Set Of Carrillo Narrow Journal Rods For
Sale 6.5 Inch Im Told They Are Fine To 1000hp.

Thanks, but my reasoning behind this is I have a full set plus 2 spares of Crower titanium I-beams that I just don't want to have narrowed. Still need a crank, tho' GB

Try contacting Full Throttle or Dan Strezzo, I have heard that there have been some wide journal cat cranks made. Woirth a shot!!! Mike:cool:

I sent a narrow journal billet crank to Mile High Crankshaft and had it cut .010/.010 and widened:)
I did this because i have a set of titanium rods i didnt want to narrow..
They were fresh back from Crower after having the side of one re flame sprayed.If you do cut them down to narrow you need to have the sides flame sprayed so they dont dig into the sides of the crank.. At least thats what they said at Crower when i asked.

not to hijack your thread but does anyone have a pic of there titanium rods? i have a set of them that say trc . they are different looking than anything i have seen . tia phil k

Our new BA Performance forged cranks have been completly redesigned and
are available in wide journal. They are in stock .

Dan, Give us more info those cranks when you get time. How much HP do you trust them to be good for etc. Thanks Mike:cool: