Center Caps for GTA rims??

1QUICK85

Big Old Turbo Turd!!
I just got some nice black GTA rims for my 85 GN. I had my girlfriend all lined up to buy me some center caps for xmas from Kirbans for the rims and Kirbans said that they no longer carry the turbo six emblem center caps. Just the GNX ones.

I have the GTA center caps in good condition.........is there something I can get to put over the firebird emblem on those center caps..............what are you guys with these rims running for center caps.......any idea appreciated........thanks.

Nick:cool:

Contact Buicks from Hell at following e-mail:

bfh@engraver1.com

He can make what ever type of emblem you want. I think his web page is listed on GNTTYPE.

He does custom work, if you want something different.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

I seen those I just got done emailing Mark on them. Do they just take the place of the GTA emblems in the center caps or are they a sticker?

I just want the colored turbo six emblem ones. Thanks for the replies guys........I am probably going to go with Marks.....just want to know how they go on my existing center caps before I order them. ??

Nick

They are supplied with a very thin double sided tape. Just peel and stick them on. Not sure if most guys rip the old emblem off the caps or not to tell you the truth but that is what I would do.

If you are going to remove the old emblem, make sure the new emblems are the same thickness. If the emblem is too thin it will not be flush with the end of the cap.

Remove old emblem and check thickess before ordering the new emblems.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

I have found that the chrome center caps from the original aluminum N78 wheels fit perfectly. And the chrome caps set off the polished edge. I have seen them on eBay at this link. Go down to the bottom and they show a TTA wheel and a turbine style wheel which leads to the conclusion that you could also use the original center for the turbine wheel as well (which I think is prety much a blacked out version of the chrome one).

Here's a thread where I asked to track down used ones for a reasonable cost.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106585

The pontiac emblems push off pretty easily from behind. It's easier to attach something to a flat surface than the rounded emblem.

I will have to get out to my storage unit and take the center out of my center caps and what the possiblities are.......thanks.....just hoping one of you guys might have already did this.

Thanks for emailing me back Mark. I will probably be ordering once I take a look at my rims.

Thanks guys, Nick