Champion fuel rail question??

TA49-WE4

If I was to buy a champion fuel rail for a stock intake setup. Will it hook up to the stock lines on the car?

In other words is it a simple 30 min swap out or is there more to it?

From the pictures that I have found it looks as if the drivers side would hook up just like stock.

I can't find any pictures of the passenger side hook up tho.

:confused:

does anyone make a kit to convert the stock "engine" flex/hard fuel lines (in front of block) to braided AN ?or the correct fittings to AN from stock buick feed line?

no, i had to tweak my stock lines to fit champion intake (slightly taller) and dont like the way i tweaked them. and also like the cleaner look of braided lines. i just thought if someone made a kit, i wouldnt have to build one piece by piece.

Without double feeding the rails, you could run the risk of lean cylinders on the drivers side due to the restrictive "cross-over" at the rear of the aftermarket fuel rail. I haven't got proof but it sure does look like the stock rail will flow more to the drivers side.

fuelrailCompare.jpg

BTW, this is off of a GN1 Intake. I cut my line in two and added a small portion to make up for the taller intake.

Without double feeding the rails, you could run the risk of lean cylinders on the drivers side due to the restrictive "cross-over" at the rear of the aftermarket fuel rail. I haven't got proof but it sure does look like the stock rail will flow more to the drivers side.

I have to ask....are you saying that a dual feed probably isn't necessary with the with the stock "cross-over" then?....Furthermore anyone know when the point comes when you need to run the dual? Should you run the dual if you run aftermarket fuel lines? Does running E-85 make a difference in the decision? and lastly how do you test the fuel pressure when you run the duals? My friend told me to ask all these question :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I have to ask....are you saying that a dual feed probably isn't necessary with the with the stock "cross-over" then?....Furthermore anyone know when the point comes when you need to run the dual? Should you run the dual if you run aftermarket fuel lines? Does running E-85 make a difference in the decision? and lastly how do you test the fuel pressure when you run the duals? My friend told me to ask all these question :rolleyes: :biggrin:

:smile: IMO, the stock fuel rail will take you farther than the aftermarket rail. You can put the braided line (literally) INTO the stock rail. How is a braided line suppose to flow more than a piece of pipe that is physically larger in diameter than the braided piece? :eek: Guys usually start dual feeding when the car gets into the 10's and faster. Personally, I'd dual feed a aftermarket rail before I would a stock rail.

Yes, dual feed aftermarket rails. Yes, E-85 will make a difference because it burns more E-85 so it will have to flow better through the rails. Test the pressure where the dual feeds split going to the rails.