Changed the fluid now it flashes going into 3rd.

BLK87GN

I have a art carr 200R4 extreme lock-up, with 3000 stall and now after we've changed the fluid under 3/4 or WOT going into third it just revs up and doesn't go in, under 1/2 throttle it's fine.

Could we have touched something that causes it to do this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think we used castrol dexron.

Did you put the filter above the spring loaded clip, or below it? If you put it above, you're sucking air.

we didn't change the filter, the fluid was hardly marked, we just had taken it off because the pan gasket was leaking.

Is that a bad thing?

well if the filter wasn't touched then it just sounds like you need to add more fluid. Try 1 quart over the full marker. Good luck.

The weird thing is, once it's in third it seems to stay in no problem, it's just shifting from 2nd into third under 3/4 full throttle. I really hope it just needs more fluid.

This transmission was expensive enough as is. With only 3000 miles on it.

i checked the dip stick when it was off and it was full then i checked it when it was running and it was almost dry, so i added 1.5 quarts, and now it shifts just how it's suppiosed too :eek: :) ... thanks for your help.

BLK87GN said:
i checked the dip stick when it was off and it was full then i checked it when it was running and it was almost dry, so i added 1.5 quarts, and now it shifts just how it's suppiosed too :eek: :) ... thanks for your help.

good to hear man. BTW awesome looking car in your sig.

Manually run it through all the gears and check it again, hot, running in Park, in a week. It's pretty common to need one more touchup to get perfect. Glad to hear you don't have a horror story...

Jim