Chassis cert @ BG

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Anybody need to get their chassis certified or in my case RE-certified at BG this year? Maybe we can get something set up with the local NHRA inspecter if enough folks are interested.

Anybody need to get their chassis certified or in my case RE-certified at BG this year? Maybe we can get something set up with the local NHRA inspector if enough folks are interested.

Last year I picked up my paper work then drove over to the tech and this is all I did.

Tech.jpg

The only tech I saw was when each class lined up and they checked every ones car just to make sure you were in the guide lines of the certain class your running. So inotherwords you and the guys in your class tech each others car but that was last year. ;)

IMG_0055.jpg

Then you weigh in.

IMG_0059-1.jpg

You are correct in that they don't tech per NHRA at BG although this surprises me with Beech Bend being an NHRA member track. Most of us need a legitimate chassis tag from NHRA to run at other tracks as well as big sanctioned races.

I got my chassis certified before BG last year and nobody looked at it. But you never can be to careful. It would really suck to get there all ready only to find out you need a cert. :(

The only place that ever looked at my chassis tag or did a real "Tech" Inspection was Indy. Every place else looks at the date tags on the belts and maybe the helmet.

The only time NHRA rules are ever trotted out is when you have a faster car than who the high up's want to win. Just ask Mike Kurtz about that.