Check out the leaks in my intercooler...need advice...pics inside...

brn agn

I decided to pull the stock intercooler out of the TTA today and pressure test it. I found at least 7 leaks. Check out the pics:

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

The sad part is that only 10 psig was applied to the intercooler at the time :(. I've heard of fixing leaks with JB weld...but I hate to do this on all of the leaks. Is there an alternative? Thanks in advance.

Alternative, go ford front mount. That will fix your leaks. Or any good radiator shop could recore it for you. Or fix the leaks. Might not look pretty after the repair.

The problem is that most of the intercoolers on these cars are old enough now that the paint is flaking off which is bad news.
The lack of paint causes the aluminum to oxidize (it gets that white fluffy look) and corrode. The tubes werent that thick to begin with and the corrosion will eat pin holes into them. Tig welding is not recommended since you wont be able to tell how thick the aluminum is surrounding the pin hole. Most of the time you will actually make more holes. The epoxy is the best bet to fix them.