Cherry '84 T-Type located in Orange County, CA

Drip Pan

Every Buick needs one!
** BEFORE I BEGIN PLEASE BE AWARE I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THIS CAR! **

I am posting this ad for a very elderly gentleman who does not use a computer as his vision is poor. I met this gentleman at the Donut Derelicts car hangout today (Nov. 5th) in Huntington Beach, CA; he approached me when he saw my GN. The car was being driven by his wife. I was also able to look this car over thoroughly. The following specifics were taken from a two-page flyer he handed me:

'84 Buick T-Type
Color: White with blue interior
VIN: (If anyone really wants it, PM me)
Mileage: 132,000
Engine: Rebuilt my Mike Doyle at 62,000 miles
Transmission: Rebuilt at 111,000 by Leon's Transmission, Garden Grove, CA
Car was purchased new from Costa Mesa Buick on Harbor Blvd which I think is now known as Nabers Buick.
Oil changes done "frequently" per flyer.

Reason for sale: The CA DMV is revoking the owner's driving privilege, and the wife already has a new car to shuttle him around (he uses a walker and really struggled to get out of the passenger side.)

The trunk sticker confirms it has G80 posi
Front end overhauled, new rear wheel bearings, & new fuel pump all done by our friend/fellow board member/sheep expert extraordinaire Lou Czarnota
New tires on the '84 OEM "turbine" style wheels
Mods: Kenne Bell ss dual exhaust, Kenne Bell trunk brace kit; my guess is Mike Doyle did this when he worked on it.

Interior specifics: Car is a bucket seat/console car. Everything's there. New seat cover upolstery, new blue floor mats, headliner. Has power locks, A/C, cruise control and CRANK WINDOWS. Door panels are excellent. Rear seat looked hardly sat in. There are seat covers covering the front buckets to protect them.

Paint: Could use a good buff & wax job, otherwise good. The flyer I have indicates "always garaged" and the car looks it. Also, "never raced".

I was able to view the car with the hood open and engine running. It's one of the smoothest running '84's I've ever seen/heard. No funny smells, no misses, no exhaust leaks. The engine compartment was a little dusty, but not at all filthy; nothing that a quick pressure wash couldn't take care of. It was quite crowded at the car hangout so I did not have the opportunity to drive the vehicle.

I also looked in the trunk. The factory jack & spare were there and appeared to never have been used. Option code sticker plain and visible. I was also shown a large envelope and box of records dating all the way back.

The flyer indicates his asking price to be $9,750. I will make no comments regarding pricing out of respect for our fellow hot air car owners. However, my thinking is his price would be negotiable as he is eager to sell. The second page of his flyer is a price guide taken from Page 3 of the Volume 7/Number 7-12 issue of Turbo Boost magazine (the BGNRA publication?) dated Nov-Dec 2004.

I was given permission to post his phone number. Please be aware he is VERY hard of hearing if you call, so be prepared to speak up! Given the fact that he had the "right" people like Mike & Lou work on the car tells me he knew his car was special.

Home Phone: (714) 557-6415