chrome headlight bezels

CJ's6

what would be the best way to prep these bezels for the black paint? and will it hold up on these? I will be using the sem trim black.

You can get the chrome to peel off with a razor blade. Other than that, 150 grit, and hope they hold up. Chrome is tough.

Thank You, I will see what i can do with them. Might hold up until i can get new ones one day.

Thank You, I will see what i can do with them. Might hold up until i can get new ones one day.

I hope you haven't gone forward with this razor blade idea. :eek: Just use red scotchbrite on the plating and if you want, clean them with strong detergent. Put a couple coats on them and you'll have absolutely no problem with them. Chrome plated bezels have less tendency to warp across the top because the plating makes them more rigid than those not plated. I've been painting them for years and never had a problem.

Thanks red regal. Haven't started on them yet, but my original blackout bezels are looking a little rough, and i came across some nicer chrome ones at a good price, so i decided to use the chrome because they seem to be thicker and less prone to warping. (like you said)
Thanks again
Chuck