CIA Emergency

Beth

Palm Trees > Snow
Hello all! It's been awhile since I've been on here so I wanted to say hello and touch base with ya'll. Also, a few of you are our customers and I thought u should all know, Dan's computer crashed for good two nites ago. Like finshed, caput, nada.

Dan lost EVERYTHING; emails, pictures, files, R&D program, you name it it's gone. Thankfully my computer had a backup of our invoice program, but only from the 27th of March, so I lost ALL our data since the 27th of March. If you've ordered something in the last 3 weeks, I don't have anything in my system on you anymore. I've still got hard copies of invoices printed, but those don't have phone numbers or email address. If I made you a quote nad saved it (I don't usually print those) then thats gone too.

So shoot me and email or PM with all your contact information. Also, if you've emailed Dan, he lost it all. He can't even access his email right now, so you'll need to call or pm me.

Right now one of our customers is sitting at Dan's desk trying to down load the printer driver while Dan's in the shop. So say thanks to him for helping so Dan can be in the shop. And I'll keep you posted. This is a set back that sucks, but thank goodness all hope is not lost, it could have been a lot worse.

Thank you for your patience, we should be all good to go shortly, it's just another set back.

Hello all! It's been awhile since I've been on here so I wanted to say hello and touch base with ya'll. Also, a few of you are our customers and I thought u should all know, Dan's computer crashed for good two nites ago. Like finshed, caput, nada.

Dan lost EVERYTHING; emails, pictures, files, R&D program, you name it it's gone. Thankfully my computer had a backup of our invoice program, but only from the 27th of March, so I lost ALL our data since the 27th of March. If you've ordered something in the last 3 weeks, I don't have anything in my system on you anymore. I've still got hard copies of invoices printed, but those don't have phone numbers or email address. If I made you a quote nad saved it (I don't usually print those) then thats gone too.

So shoot me and email or PM with all your contact information. Also, if you've emailed Dan, he lost it all. He can't even access his email right now, so you'll need to call or pm me.

Right now one of our customers is sitting at Dan's desk trying to down load the printer driver while Dan's in the shop. So say thanks to him for helping so Dan can be in the shop. And I'll keep you posted. This is a set back that sucks, but thank goodness all hope is not lost, it could have been a lot worse.

Thank you for your patience, we should be all good to go shortly, it's just another set back.

vendor name?

what shop?

a complete crash is extremely rare, how did it happen?
for example wtc hard drives were still found with data after the fall(s)

what condition is the computer in now?

Clear Image Automotive. I'm not on here much because we don't currently offer anything for these cars (even tho they are both the owner, Dan, and my favorite vehicle of all times!), but I've talked to a few of you and wanted to play it safe and let you know what's going on. Bc even tho we don't offer production parts we do custom exhaust.

At first we thought the harddrive had a physical break. There was no way to fix it. But Dan left it with a local tech shop and they say it was actually a virus and they should be able to recover all of our data. Yay!!!!!!

Clear Image Automotive. I'm not on here much because we don't currently offer anything for these cars (even tho they are both the owner, Dan, and my favorite vehicle of all times!), but I've talked to a few of you and wanted to play it safe and let you know what's going on. Bc even tho we don't offer production parts we do custom exhaust.

At first we thought the harddrive had a physical break. There was no way to fix it. But Dan left it with a local tech shop and they say it was actually a virus and they should be able to recover all of our data. Yay!!!!!!

thank you for the info and for the update. I thought it had to be a virus, this was one of the reasons I asked. Congratz on the news, and tell the people on the computer no more xxx stuff, its a killer, and no pun intended.

there are ways to get data from physically manipulated (actual break in the hard drive) but it isn't cheap and not many can do it. But like I said, hard drives from the buildings on 911 were found and reloaded with much of its data found. So it can be done, but just who or where or how much of a cost is up in the air but for a business it could be worth it.

take care

Thank you

Yeah, we found out the files we are trying to recover are littered w/ viruses. So we'll find out later this afternoon. Thanks for your input!