CK Shift kit installed w/billet servo, sweet, but have a question

Ok, so I ordered and received the shift kit w/billet servo from CK. Nice kit. :smile:

After installing it in my 87 Cutlass, (Olds 350, kzf 2004r and 8.5 3:73 rear), I adjusted the TV cable and drove it around the block, looking for any leaks and to see how it felt. No leaks, felt good.

Drove to work today, 5 days after installing it since the weather was crap this week.
I noticed that at light throttle, 1-2 shifts were great, but almost as soon as it was in second, it was shifting to 3rd and then to 4th.

All the shifts seem firm and positive. No flaring, nothing jarring. Just seems like it was shifting too quickly once past 1st.

Any ideas? Is it supposed to be this way? Do I need to fine tune my tv cable?

Under WOT, it feels good, seems to hold gears well, if not shifting a little too early for my engine, as I could have easily gone another 500-1k in rpm before shifting at WOT. I do know that I need to get more seat time in it to get a better feel for it.

Im just asking to try to get a feel of if its correct or not before I drive it much more. I know that this board is for TR's, but you guys know your stuff when doing mods on Gbodys, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks in advance.

The kit ddoes very little for hift timing only shift feel.Try tightening your tv cable 2 clicks at a time to raise upshift rpm.

Thanks Chris. That was my thought, but figured this would be the best way to troubleshoot, instead of messing around and doing more harm than good.

Now if I remember correctly, to tighten it, you move the sleeve backwards to the firewall correct?

Thank you very much for your help. :D