Code 13

we4turbo

Well just when you think you know these cars they always seem to throw a curve ball at you.

I am get a code 13 the old O2 sensor, I have replaced the sensor twice, no vac. leaks, or exhaust leaks. Tried 2 different chips JL and MM. Please shoot me some ideas of where to go next.
This is on an 86 GN, I'm running a 45a turbo atr double pump, 55lbs injectors. 2 stage alky set up.

Thanks,

David Benton

I chased this problem for a while. I found out what the problem was though.

Ground on the back of the passenger side head. If it is dirty or loose or not even connected to the head this will cause the voltage to be off. The ring terminal with a black/white wire and a tan wire, longer one is the ground for the O2. You'll see what I'm talking about when you look back there. Pull it out, clean it up with some sand paper and the spot on the head too. Then put it back together. That'll fix it.

i know you probably have disconnected the battery to reset the code- but i forgot to do this once and was wondering what was wrong

I cleaned the grounds, I'm going to check in a little while. I have been clearing the codes. I really hope the grounds fix. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

David

Well the ground wire seems to have fixed the problem. So far so good. It really didn't look that dirty, but I guess you never know. Any way thanks for all the responses.

Thanks,

David